Like everyone else, Texas dealing with transfer portal chaos

Jonnyeagle

AUSTIN — At least 1,100 college football players were registered in the NCAA transfer portal during the month of April, according to tracking data compiled by College Football Playoff partner SportSource analytics.

That’s nearly a twofold increase from April 2019 (595), the first spring in which the new compliance system was active. The number was 1,037 last April, and as of this April 29 there were 1,102 players floating around looking for a new program.

A handful of Longhorns joined that crush this week, too, just ahead of Sunday’s deadline to be eligible for the NCAA’s one-time transfer waiver. Too late and they’d have to sit out the entire academic year.

read more:  https://www.expressnews.com/sports/longhorns/article/Like-everyone-else-Texas-dealing-with-transfer-17137447.php

Positioning is everything. Get these kids to see the Long View. Get those Aggies Horns and Sooners who realize that while the NIL money is good but not there for them. They can cash in Witt playing time at the next level. I mean we need coaches or assistants who eat sleep and drink the process. Let the big dog coaches do what they do best. Prepare for Saturday implement and train to the game plan, praise and correct the execution. 

GMG

17 hours ago, NM Green said:

Positioning is everything. Get these kids to see the Long View. Get those Aggies Horns and Sooners who realize that while the NIL money is good but not there for them. They can cash in Witt playing time at the next level. I mean we need coaches or assistants who eat sleep and drink the process. Let the big dog coaches do what they do best. Prepare for Saturday implement and train to the game plan, praise and correct the execution. 

GMG

Seems its more about - Give me mine now! Too many believe they are entitles to play immediately; if not move on to "someone who deserves me". Have to question the intelligence in the thought making process when so many are not getting new scholarships. IMO, if they take the leap, they deserve the bad along with the good. 

• Upvote 1