New commit per Luke

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Utsa was doing this before NIL. And surely we can't say utsa has the alumi base to out spend in nil. 

I think a big difference is the city of San Antonio and some t-shirt fans are backing them down there because there aren't a lot of things to get behind probably, but nonetheless that is a large city with lots of money. Our alumni base is way bigger than their's and if a quarter of ours gave a douchebag we wouldn't have a problem with NIL and/or donations.  

2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Utsa was doing this before NIL. And surely we can't say utsa has the alumi base to out spend in nil. 

UTSA doesn’t have the alumni base we do but they do have a NIL program and we have squat. We are getting left behind because we don’t have fans and local businesses paying players.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

On 5/5/2022 at 6:49 PM, wardly said:

UNT has been to three bowl games after having a losing record,[ which in itself must be some kind of dubious record] and to no ones surprise lost all of them. Other than the bowl games against Army and Miami of Ohio [and perhaps Troy], we were underdogs and over matched. The UNT fans voted with their feet in the "Frisco Bowl' by staying away in droves. In my opinion a  6&6 bowl team or one with a losing record is no longer of any interest in the Metroplex.

Absolutely spot on.  A 6-6 bowl team just keeps the diehards hanging on.  Doesn’t help recruiting nor attendance.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 3

Well, it seems that Grant Gunnell was the BOOM! that Luke was posting about.  He has a ton of potential and is something to shout about.  In his somewhat limited experience he has an accuracy rating in the upper sixties which is what so many have been clamoring for.  

I'm also glad to have the 12th rated Division II transfer, 'A'Mazin Richards because I believe that he can hopefully compensate in part for the loss of graduates and transfers.

• Upvote 7