WTF? UNT loses another d-lineman to portal

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I remember a defense that only needed Cardwell and Booger with one or two spelling them from time to time.

I certainly don’t see Cardwell or Booger (or Abbe, or Pruitt, or Sarge McCoy) on this roster…so maybe we need all the bodies we can get to hope for success by committee 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

We still need depth.

How many deep though? They weren’t on the 3-deep for 2 defensive tackle positions which means they were 7th string or worse, at what point do you say, maybe this player doesn’t bring enough value to merit a roster spot?

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I certainly don’t see Cardwell or Booger (or Abbe, or Pruitt, or Sarge McCoy) on this roster…so maybe we need all the bodies we can get to hope for success by committee 

True but, as noted above, these three were not on our 3 deep.  How many did we rotate last year?  Maybe four. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’ll be looking for that production when Dion Novil isn’t on this team

Sure, but they played the same position. Brown was doing what he did while Novil was on the sidelines.

I’ll take Sophomore Rod Brown over Senior Richard Abbe, which was my point of you saying we don’t have an Abbe on this roster. 

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Sure, but they played the same position. Brown was doing what he did while Novil was on the sidelines.

I’ll take Sophomore Rod Brown over Senior Richard Abbe, which was my point of you saying we don’t have an Abbe on this roster. 

Right.

Make no mistake, interior DL is very talented w/Brown & Jackson.   Hope we have enough behind them.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Right.

Make no mistake, interior DL is very talented w/Brown & Jackson.   Hope we have enough behind them.

I think Hutchins was rotating in with huddle 2. But Rausaw, LeBlanc, and Tashoyn Johnson all have played and all but Rausaw have started. Then Fehi Vailea, not sure what to expect there but he looks the part. Plus it sounds like JUCO signee Khagen Roach will be an interior guy as well.

Had all 3 of these guys stayed I would have argued that we have too many scholarship d tackles, especially considering none are going to be true freshmen. It truthfully would have been an over allocation. Defensive end and EDGE (Devil) is much more concerning from a depth standpoint to me. If we swap two 4th huddle DTs and a 3rd huddle DT for a couple solid EDGE players that would be a really prudent trade off, just strictly speaking from a roster construction standpoint.

I wish the kids themselves nothing but the best. The college football numbers game has never been more ruthless.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:34 PM, texx2818 said:

Would you want to play for this lame duck HC?

My guess he is leaving because he didn't get to play enough for the lame duck HC.

As an aside, do you ever tire of posting your disapproval and dissatisfaction of Littrell returning.  

Littrell isn't going anywhere in the off season, and his future with NT and football depends on the team's performance in the fall.  

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Cool, and that’s why I’m not going to be watching. You can enjoy your 6-7 season.

Serious question:  Why are you here then?  Seems odd to hang around the fan forum of a team you don’t support.* In the off season no less.

* SMU fans notwithstanding 

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

Serious question:  Why are you here then?  Seems odd to hang around the fan forum of a team you don’t support.* In the off season no less.

Histrionic personality disorder.

Edited by Greenrex
Seeking Attention & Approval
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, texx2818 said:

I support the team, don’t support the HC.

Ok, answer a hypothetical

Would you rather NT has a horrible season and a coaching change then occurs

or, NT has a great season and Littrell gets a contract extension

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Ok, answer a hypothetical

Would you rather NT has a horrible season and a coaching change then occurs

or, NT has a great season and Littrell gets a contract extension

Thanks for asking this. I would have a hard time rooting for us to lose. 
If I understand the position of many here (and I might be in this camp as well), it is a fear that Seth wins 6-7 against an easier schedule and gets an extension based on that. Then it is easy to imagine then tanking the next couple of seasons against the AAC and stuck with his contract or being forced to buy it out right after the extension. 
Does this capture your thinking?

@untjim1995
@MeanGreenTexan

• Upvote 2