Damn! Never a dull moment with the Cowboys.sad.gif

Anybody else notice that since Parcell's took over the Cowboys as head coach, that because of his "most of the time" silence with the press, that we don't have Cowboy talk on sports radio stations 12 months a year now? No complaint on that, either, from this sports fan.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Anybody else notice that since Parcell's took over the Cowboys as head coach, that because of his "most of the time" silence with the press, that we don't have Cowboy talk on sports radio stations 12 months a year now?  No complaint on that, either, from this sports fan.

You would rather hear sophomoric humor from the Ticket?

The Goodfellas and Galloway talk Cowboys pretty much 12 months a year, they talk a lot of Mavs and Rangers too, but they touch on the Cowboys at least once a day no matter what time of the year.

listen to the ticket at 1:30 for all the info, and I doubt Chad will be getting a call, they have two other QB's.

a. it was a joke

2. Both of the other two quarterbacks have never taken a snap in the NFL. One hasn't played in several years.

D. The Cowboys will probably look for some experienced backup type person.

Positive test for illegal substance in a team administered drug test.

From Chris Mortenson on ESPN Radio.

That is really no reason to get rid of a player. I can understand fining and suspending but getting rid of entirely, especially after the improvemnts Quincy has made over the last 3 years? I have a feeling there was friction between him and the Tuna and this ended up as a way to get rid of him, a scapegoat if you will.

*edit*

I take that back now that I have seen it was cocaine. Can him. We don't need another Michael Irvin on the team. He spread it to other players and one died.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

That is really no reason to get rid of a player. I can understand fining and suspending but getting rid of entirely, especially after the improvemnts Quincy has made over the last 3 years? I have a feeling there was friction between him and the Tuna and this ended up as a way to get rid of him, a scapegoat if you will.

*edit*

I take that back now that I have seen it was cocaine. Can him. We don't need another Michael Irvin on the team. He spread it to other players and one died.

MeanGreenBuzz,

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'm curious as to what illegal substance could have been found in Carter's test that would have been okay with you??? Steriods? Marijuana??

Edited by Greenblood94

Guest e-bone

I have a feeling there was friction between him and the Tuna and this ended up as a way to get rid of him, a scapegoat if you will.

Huh? Just yesterday Parcells said that Quincy was the frontrunner to be the starter again. Bill Parcells isn't a guy to blow smoke up people's butts, and if he didn't think that Quincy was going to start, he wouldn't have said what he said yesterday.

BTW, a scapegoat for WHAT exactly? Winning 10 games? Going to the playoffs? blink.gif

----Parcell is not a very tolerant person nor should he have to be...... it has to be something way past juana. Carter has to a a big fool to put his high paid career at risk for drug use. Not that it matters but Quincy was no superstar and Chad appears to be as dumb as a brick in his interviews..... He played like it in Europe last Spring as well.... I doubt he will return.... Dallas has 3 QBs now but will likely look for one on the cut list or at teams that have a decent one that they really don't need . ( Maybe Drew Brees, Kingsbury or Symons?, all Texans or Kitna).

In terms of the illegal substance thing, lets not get into it because it would get very political very fast, especially when you try to discuss what should be illegal and what shouldn't. Quincy has already been in rehab for drug abuse and I believe it was cocaine the last time, also I was more refering to that and the fact that someone doing those kinds of drugs has an adverse affect on the rest of the team and sometimes it can spread. As for steroids... who knows who is taking what these days... some say its good for the sports some say its not... you can get into Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Griffey, different football stars, track stars etc. Personally I don't think players should take them or feel pressure because other players are taking them and trying to get away with it.

The reason I thought the Tuna and Quincy had some friction is the quickness he was canned. Bryant mouthed off to him a threw a jersey but it still on the team. There had to be something behind the scenes to go with this otherwise they would have suspended him and put him in rehab. He looked to have so much potential after last year and he was a 2nd round pick. You don't just throw that away. Then if you notice I edited and said ahhhh its cocaine theres a good reason to can a QB with a history of drug problems. As for the scapegoat question I was refering to the failed drug test as a scapegoat for getting rid of Quicy not Quincy as a scapegoat.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

I'm not saying that Quincy Carter was the best quarterback in the NFL.......Yet, I feel bad for the guy, because he pretty much threw away his career. From what I understand, his problems go all the way back to his days at the University of Georgia.....Did Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells jump the gun in cutting him? I don't know. Parcells has been somewhat eased at times with problem players (ie. Lawrence Taylor), but maybe this time, when it is the leader of the team, Quincy was not to be trusted, and had to be let go.....All I know is that its going to be an interesting year with a 41 year old quarterback in Vinny Testaverde, and 2 other quarterbacks who have never thrown a pass in a NFL game.

I'm not saying that Quincy Carter was the best quarterback in the NFL.......Yet, I feel bad for the guy, because he pretty much threw away his career. From what I understand, his problems go all the way back to his days at the University of Georgia.....Did Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells jump the gun in cutting him? I don't know. Parcells has been somewhat eased at times with problem players (ie. Lawrence Taylor), but maybe this time, when it is the leader of the team, Quincy was not to be trusted, and had to be let go.....All I know is that its going to be an interesting year with a 41 year old quarterback in Vinny Testaverde, and 2 other quarterbacks who have never thrown a pass in a NFL game.

Hey Vinny did start eight games last year for the Jets, he has a great arm and a brain maybe no legs. The jets had gone an offense that needed a mobile QB. If Parcells can give him some protection he will destroy defenses.

As for Q.Carter he was nothing more than a spare. Glad to see him go! ohmy.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifohmy.gif

Not sure what Henson and Romo can or can't do I just thought Carter was an idiot and seems I was right!

I'm not sure our o-line can provide protection for a pocket QB... we saw what happened to Troy... It has been a few years, but if the Tuna was really counting on Quincy then he was counting on a mobile QB. At least the improved running game will allow for some play action to take the pressure off Vinny.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to this season and pulling for Quincy. He was coming off a 10 win season, over 3,000 yards, etc. He would have possibly had a better running game, he would be in the 2nd year of this offense, etc. He seemed to be taking more of a leadership role (at least verbally) and he had even talked about running more. (which I thought he should have been doing more of anyway, he's a heck of an athlete)

Vinny's great and all, but with this O line, I'll be surprised if he survives past week 4. Then we've got Henson and Romo.

I even heard one rumor of them bringing in Doug Flutie. sad.gif

I'm just really disappointed in Quincy. I thought he was a pretty good person. (Assuming the rumors surfacing about him are true) I wonder what went wrong and when he started all this stuff. He seemed to be a pretty down to earth, family guy. You just never know any more.

sad.gifsad.gif

Hey Vinny did start eight games last year for the Jets, he has a great arm and a brain maybe no legs. The jets had gone an offense that needed a mobile QB. If Parcells can give him some protection he will destroy defenses.

As a Cowboy fan, it would be cool if Vinny "destroyed" defenses, but that seems like a reach for a 40 year old. But hey, if you keep throwing stuff against the wall, something might stick and you can bring the thread back up half a year later to make yourself look smart!