We've Got our Center - Moulaye Sissoko from Dayton - Originally, a High 3* Rated Big Man

chrisfisher

1 hour ago, Shark 64 said:

Probably not a good sign for Chris Morgan's future playing time here.

To be determined.

Sissoko looks like a project at best.  Big body but played little

Dayton always has a good team, so he probably has a lot of potential.

Having three bigs or more is certainly a plus, but I doubt it will alter McCasland's usual lineup of 3 guards and 2 bigs.  

At this point, I still see a lineup of Martinez, Ousmane, Perry, Jones, Huntsberry

Competition for Morgan, but should make him better.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

That's wild. I was under the impression players could get into foul trouble, fatigued, or even hurt. If he can be a serviceable backup center, this team will be much improved. Scott/Morgan should be serviceable backups to Martinez. This depth will also allow us to make significant in-game adjustments such as playing small ball if needed.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

That's wild. I was under the impression players could get into foul trouble, fatigued, or even hurt. If he can be a serviceable backup center, this team will be much improved. Scott/Morgan should be serviceable backups to Martinez. This depth will also allow us to make significant in-game adjustments such as playing small ball if needed.

Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read some the comments to my post. I thought it common knowledge we need another true big.  Scott is not a true big and Morgan in is only 6'8" so in essence we only have one true big prior to this signing. Most teams want at least one back up center. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read some the comments to my post. I thought it common knowledge we need another true big.  Scott is not a true big and Morgan in is only 6'8" so in essence we only have one true big prior to this signing. Most teams want at least one back up center. 

Morgan should be taller than 6’8. He looked to be the tallest player on the team at every game and I thought they had Wright and Abou listed at taller than 6’8….

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

To be determined.

Sissoko looks like a project at best.  Big body but played little

Dayton always has a good team, so he probably has a lot of potential.

Having three bigs or more is certainly a plus, but I doubt it will alter McCasland's usual lineup of 3 guards and 2 bigs.  

At this point, I still see a lineup of Martinez, Ousmane, Perry, Jones, Huntsberry

Competition for Morgan, but should make him better.  

Perry should remain off the bench I think and if Scott doesn’t start then I’m not sure what we do because he would potentially choose to move on. He is a stud with huge potential. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah. He looked tall every time he was at the back of the huddlE during timeouts. 

Even if he hasn't grown, 6 foot 8 is pretty tall... (I kid). Loving the size on this team. It's hard to believe this team could be better next year but we have one of the best coaches in the country (I'm not biased at all) and with the size and athleticism we have, this team can be really scary if they all buy in.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Morgan should be taller than 6’8. He looked to be the tallest player on the team at every game and I thought they had Wright and Abou listed at taller than 6’8….

In this 2021-22 team photo (taken pre-season?) #21 Morgan (listed 6-8) is at least an inch taller than #33 Abou (listed 6-10) and about 2 inches over #2 Scott (listed 6-7).  He looks like the tallest player on the team then (if they are all standing straight).

Team Photo

https://meangreensports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/2021-22

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, NT80 said:

In this 2021-22 team photo (taken pre-season?) #21 Morgan (listed 6-8) is at least an inch taller than #33 Abou (listed 6-10) and about 2 inches over #2 Scott (listed 6-7).  He looks like the tallest player on the team then (if they are all standing straight).

Team Photo

Or Abou lied about his height. He looks shorter than Wright and Scott who are listed at 6'8" and 6'7", respectively.

Ctd7Oe5XYAAlGx6.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Most players, more in football than basketball, are listed at taller than they actually are.  

I think this practice has more to do with what the AD department wants listed, not the players.

I remember that when Dodge coached; the roster was changed to reflect the actual measured height.  It was soon changed back to the taller numbers   It didn't look good for the program when compared to the other schools; most of which also stretch the height stats. 

Height is a lot like 40 speed, often an exaggerated stat that keeps the fans happy; but is often far from the facts.  

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, NT80 said:

Team Photo

Yep. And he looked even taller during the season to me. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Most players, more in football than basketball, are listed at taller than they actually are.  

I think this practice has more to do with what the AD department wants listed, not the players.

I remember that when Dodge coached; the roster was changed to reflect the actual measured height.  It was soon changed back to the taller numbers   It didn't look good for the program when compared to the other schools; most of which also stretch the height stats. 

Height is a lot like 40 speed, often an exaggerated stat that keeps the fans happy; but is often far from the facts.  

So you're saying Kyler Murray isn't actually 6 feet like was being circulated prior to the draft? Maybe if Ousmane were actually 6'11'' and not 6'8", he could dunk when 2 feet from the rim. I'm kidding.

You're right. Some of it is for fans but I think some of it is to satisfy measurable set forth by many pro teams. Gotta be a certain height, weight, hand size, jaw line, body hair count, and everything else or you're not going to be a good pro player. Good mix of both I'd guess. I personally don't care how to tall he is, he plays big. That's all that matters to me.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Maybe if Ousmane were actually 6'11'' and not 6'8", he could dunk when 2 feet from the rim. I'm kidding.

You're right. Some of it is for fans but I think some of it is to satisfy measurable set forth by many pro teams. Gotta be a certain height, weight, hand size, jaw line, body hair count, and everything else or you're not going to be a good pro player. Good mix of both I'd guess. I personally don't care how to tall he is, he plays big. That's all that matters to me.

Whatever Abou's real height is, he held his own against all the other team's "Bigs".  I saw numerous posts from other team's fans saying he was the difference maker in several games, shutting down their inside game.  I do wish he was a little more aggressive near the offensive rim (dunks vs bank shots) but he was a huge improvement overall this past season.

• Upvote 3