Softball at KU

Marty

Lost third game of series.

This team is amazing if they had more than 2 useable pitchers, they would be prohibitive favorites to win the regular season and conference tournament. 

Probably will still win both, but they are operating under a severe handicap with extremely limited pitching. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Lost third game of series.

This team is amazing if they had more than 2 useable pitchers, they would be prohibitive favorites to win the regular season and conference tournament. 

Probably will still win both, but they are operating under a severe handicap with extremely limited pitching. 

So, what has happened to our pitching?  Nothing reported about any of the injuries this year.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So, what has happened to our pitching?  Nothing reported about any of the injuries this year.

I have no idea, other than on the game broadcast they report that Worthington and Jaycee Cook are both out for the year.

Worthington was one of the two NT pre-season all conference picks, the other Tayla Evans. 

Both pitched early in the year.

I have not seen anything reported by UNT about either injury.  I guess the sports information department is afraid a rival might figure out NT has only two pitchers available. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I have no idea, other than on the game broadcast they report that Worthington and Jaycee Cook are both out for the year.

Worthington was one of the two NT pre-season all conference picks, the other Tayla Evans. 

I have not seen anything reported by UNT about either injury.  I guess the sports information department is afraid a rival might figure out NT has only two pitchers available. 

Our starting shortstop from last year, Callahan, one of our best freshman, Wark, as mentioned Worthington is out, the transfer pitcher from UAB hasn't played since early in the year, and our other freshman pitcher, Iltis, has barely played.  Not sure what is going on.  DeLong seems to be more quiet than SL regarding injuries.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:03 PM, GrandGreen said:

Injuries to both. Unfortunate 

• Confused 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:07 AM, Marty said:

Coach DeLong calling out the umpires. I didn't watch today so don't know exactly what happened. 

Are game-specific replays/reviews available for NCAA review? Like, if the NCAA wanted to, are the calls DeLong is referring to archived and available to look at days/weeks after-the-fact?