Does UNT have a volleyball program?

GrandGreen

I know they do and hopefully a very good one, however I wonder about the total lack of coverage after hiring a new head coach.

They have apparently signed players, but without any mention at all on the UNT site.  The UNT official site does not even include a current roster.

I really wonder about UNT sports information department.  Makes a big deal of hiring a coach with frankly scant coaching credentials and then follows it up with nothing. 

There are a few out here that actually enjoy following the so called non-revenue sports.  It seems that NT would report any news that just might create some interest.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, GrandGreen said:

I know they do and hopefully a very good one, however I wonder about the total lack of coverage after hiring a new head coach.

They have apparently signed players, but without any mention at all on the UNT site.  The UNT official site does not even include a current roster.

I really wonder about UNT sports information department.  Makes a big deal of hiring a coach with frankly scant coaching credentials and then follows it up with nothing. 

There are a few out here that actually enjoy following the so called non-revenue sports.  It seems that NT would report any news that just might create some interest.

They just posted a schedule for next year with two unidentified players.  It would be nice if they would post a roster, I don't understand why this seems to be so difficult.  

On 5/21/2022 at 9:38 PM, NorthTexan95 said:

Mean Green Sports had a long interview with the new head volleyball coach earlier this year.  Hank did the interview. 

Saw that interview and was impressed by the new coach, however still don't understand the lack of coverage since that point.  

I think I recognized three names off of last year’s roster and it appears there are a number of transfers. Not sure how they are going to manage cutting the roster down. Oh well, should be interesting. 

On 6/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, GrandGreen said:

There are 21 players listed on the roster, which means there are lots of walk-ons or going to be some players gone.

Volleyball has a max of 12 ships and partial ships are not allowed. 

It looks like the last few years we had between 15 and 18 on the roster.  Twenty-one does seem like a lot.