No more mask mandates on planes

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

Over 2 years into this and the first two posts still don't understand their purpose and why they were mandatory. 😆

Must have missed that.  Like is posted above, if you want to wear one, wear it.  Nobody cares, but this keeps popping up in my head.

Wearing masks inside cars now mandatory in Bengaluru, even if you're  driving alone | The News Minute

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1

On 4/19/2022 at 12:43 PM, LongJim said:

Just need to keep following the science.

Something this judge hasn't the foggiest idea of.

“Wearing a mask cleans nothing,” U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle wrote in her decision on Monday. “At most, it traps virus droplets. But it neither ‘sanitizes’ the person wearing the mask nor ‘sanitizes’ the conveyance.”

So this logic is akin to saying you shouldn't wear condoms because they don't kill the sperm. Or saying that you shouldn't use latex gloves to handle raw meat because they don't kill the germs. 

Love to have a doofus president nominate a 35 year old to a lifetime appointment whose only trial experience was as an intern. I guess that's what qualifies as middle of the road these days. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Something this judge hasn't the foggiest idea of.

...says the Washington Post, NPR, NYT, and misc other blue check marks on Twitter who are all laser focused on hit pieces about her at the moment.  I hope to read more about the other 650+ District Court Judges once they're done trying to ruin her life.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

8 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

...says the Washington Post, NPR, NYT, and misc other blue check marks on Twitter who are all laser focused on hit pieces about her at the moment.  I hope to read more about the other 650+ District Court Judges once they're done trying to ruin her life.

Says anyone who understands basic science, which I guess eliminates you. Sorry my analogy was over your head.

And it ain't the media saying she's unqualified, it's the American Bar Association. https://www.news10.com/news/coronavirus/judge-who-struck-down-cdc-mask-mandate-was-deemed-not-qualified-by-american-bar-association/

And I’m sure shining a light on a terrible decision by an unqualified judge is totally gonna ruin her life, how will she ever recover? Keeping simping though. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/10/podcasts/the-daily/new-york-mask-mandates.html

this was a good listen and kinda sums up my thoughts on where we're at with all pandemic requirements/precautions.

basically some (mostly on the left) will continue to be overly-cautions despite science telling them that their already cautious behavior (three vax shots) makes them very low-risk, and feel more comfortable with mandates in place making others overly-cautious by rule.

others (mostly on the right) will take this as some sort of redeeming victory for unsafe, selfish behavior from go when it's really just the natural progression of the pandemic (a stopped clock being right twice a day)

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 2

My beagle is running low on her ivermectin, got any leftovers? 

Where did Lifer's post go? Is someone running? 

I'm not running, but posted and decided not to go there today, but since you are calling me out I'm back.  You are condescending and do deflect when someone hits the bullshit button on your posts.  Your comment regarding your beagle and ivermection is proof.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I'm not running, but posted and decided not to go there today, but since you are calling me out I'm back.  You are condescending and do deflect when someone hits the bullshit button on your posts.  Your comment regarding your beagle and ivermection is proof.

You know I put you on my ignore list but every once in a while check the little option for view this post. The reason I do this is because I know that practically any post I make in this forum will be quoted by yourself with some sort of nonsense patronization of whatever I'm saying, despite the fact that I've put you on ignore. Low and behold, I'm pretty much right every time when it comes to your obsession with me. The condescending attitude that you claim to hate so much is still glaringly obvious in every one of your posts directed at me, and it's obvious that you keep attempting to lure me out of ignoring you and your attempts to get a rise out from me. I mention how the first two replies don't seem to get why "voluntary" is not really an option when it comes to respiratory disease prevention on an airplane, and you find some stupid meme to strawman me rather than countering with any sort of argument. 

In the middle of my fiance being sick with a potentially deadly virus (yes, quite a few people our age have actually died of this) you laughed it up with a remark about how useless the vaccine must have been because she was sick. BTW, she had what amounted to a flu for about 5 days, and even though I was around her the entire time, I never got any symptoms (thanks Moderna!). Meanwhile you condescendingly avoided any information that your treatment was useless and potentially dangerous, nevermind the fact that you're in a much higher risk group than I would be. 

So every time you think you can have a little jab at me I will bring up the fact that you condescendingly think you're the world's biggest f-cking expert, rather than listening to the people who might have a little more of an understanding about how treatment and prevention work, you know virologists and immunologists and other various doctors with experience and education. 

If you have such a big problem with my attitude and my posts, I'd suggest you do the same as me and just put me on your ignore list, because even while I try to actively avoid you, you clutch your pearls and try to make me out to be the asshole. Just own it already and stop pretending to be so offended. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

So how about that transfer portal?

Horrible diffusion aside, it should've always been a choice, the vaccine, masks, lockdowns all of it. One it became government mandated/forced it became tyrannical

I'd gladly put on a mask around someone who asked or was uncomfortable, out of decency, but I don't wear one 99% of the time now. 

Whether or not the judge is unqualified is not the question at hand, it's the question of whether or not it was necessary in the first place, much like the large business mandate. 

I'm not arguing COVID isn't deadly, or shouldn't be taken seriously, but statistically speaking (there are always outliers, so miss me with your Anecdotes), unless you have a comorbidity or are 60+, it's not a deadly virus for MOST people. 

And to all the Trump supporters, he was the one who locked down the country in the first place. Don't think I'm defending your guy either 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Do we have anyone here, or does anyone here know someone, that would honest-to-God be absolutely on board with masks, but chooses not to wear them because of these releases/articles (both scientific and non-scientific) that say they are not effective?

Everyone that links to these articles strikes me as someone that is absolutely determined to find reasons to not wear one, and not even consider the other side.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1