‘Most hated conservative college student in Texas’: How a UNT student embroiled her campus in a culture war

The University of North Texas has more than 42,000 students, but few are as infamous as senior Kelly Neidert.

Since she arrived at the Denton campus in 2019, the 22-year-old marketing major has revived its Young Conservatives of Texas chapter — which had been dormant for years — and developed a reputation among students and administrators as the campus’ biggest provocateur.

Editor’s note: This story contains profanity.

She’s easily recognizable in her red Make America Great Again hat and a megaphone sometimes slung over her shoulder — she uses it to troll her liberal classmates. On Twitter, she branded herself “the most hated conservative college student in the state of Texas.”

read more: https://www.wave3.com/2022/04/14/most-hated-conservative-college-student-texas-how-unt-student-embroiled-her-campus-culture-war/

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

When I was a student, some friends of mine were on Fry Street one night and saw some oddly-dressed individuals.  One of my friends, who had probably had one (or ten) too many, shouted out, "Hey, liberals!"  The other group responded, "Hey, conservatives!"  My friends laughed, and both groups hung out with each other for a little while.

I'm glad that's the North Texas I attended.

Me as well.  I question this gal's motives.  Something tells me she likes the attention regardless of where it comes from.  If it favored her to wear a Biden/Harris dunce hat, she would do it in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 3

I haven't read it myself, but I've heard that Trump said in his biography that he feels better and sleeps better when there is chaos and unrest around him.

If I were to unpack that from an unpolitical view, I would say that some people feel like their role - be it in life, or any specific endeavor - is to create chaos, take credit for whatever positives come of it, and then enjoy the attention.

My old-man-on-lawn rant feels like more and more people are figuring out that, in this digital age, you rise above the rest by creating the most noise...and not necessarily solving problems.

Obligatory meme:

the dark knight rises GIF

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3