SMU gets 5* RB transfer from Alabama

MeanGreenZen

On 4/13/2022 at 8:59 PM, untjim1995 said:

This.

They have $$$ and business connections in Dallas. It’s not hard to understand how they will do ok with this. But it’s very ironic they had their program nuked because they were so far ahead of the game 40 years ago.

Back in the day everyone in the SWC cheated. However having said that only the Stangs had the Governor of Texas as well as the school president and Board of Regents involved. If you can read " A Payroll To Meet" by David Whitford, who was a little used football player at SMU. They dropped him from their payroll so he turned them in. Jim Wacker the TCU coach found out that some of his players were being paid and he turned the Frogs in. One of the humorous stories in the book in when Egypt Allen, a defensive back from Dallas was being recruited by both SMU and TCU. The main money man from the Frogs called his Mustang counterpart complaining that these kids coming out of high school were demanding too much money and that they needed to set up a draft to reduce expenses. SMU would not go after TCU recruits and the Frogs would reciprocate. I don't know what became of that proposal but Allen went to TCU. Also, at that point in time the SEC's unofficial slogan was " If you ain't cheating you ain't trying."

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

If you believe most schools have nothing to do with NIL deals, then I guess you believe the Easter Bunny will be hopping down your street Sunday.  

Of course there is involvement, but this is North Texas - the school that doesn’t even have donors to fund the student scholarship, FFS.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 4/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, MeanGreenZen said:

… and we get a punter transfer from Texas Southern… 
image.gif.5e251ce5cef053207ca716cfeccea2f6.gif

Now what exactly the point in posting this?  Our recruiting won't change until there is a coaching change or play on the field drastically improves with the same coaching staff.  Unless you can guarantee this new running back will rush for 175 yards in Apogee Stadium come September (thereby allowing me to overpay to club seats by making a ridiculous bet) I don't care.   And worse yet post like this attracts North Texas haters (also known and SMU fans with inadequacy issues who can’t legitimately smack to TCU without looking ridiculous) to post in our forum. 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Of course there is involvement, but this is North Texas - the school that doesn’t even have donors to fund the student scholarship, FFS.

Many have donated for years and have gotten very little on the field to enjoy from those donations.  They retained a coach that hasn’t won a conference championship or even a bowl game against very mediocre competition.  They have spent the “little money” they have received very poorly when comes to hiring, fire and retaining coaches.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

And worse yet post like this attracts North Texas haters (also known and SMU fans with inadequacy issues who can’t legitimately smack to TCU without looking ridiculous) to post in our forum. 😂

We’ve beaten TCU the last two times we’ve played them. And we trolled them so hard they hired our overrated coach..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Swag said:

We’ve beaten TCU the last two times we’ve played them. And we trolled them so hard they hired our overrated coach..

And another smuT poster shows up on their rivals board.  We should create a thread area for you all to hang out.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Swag said:

So now he is overrated 😂. When y’all irrelevant again (as long as you are in a lower conference than them you are irrelevant in comparison to them) don’t try to backtrack.  That irrelevance in comparison to TCU is exactly why that overrated coach packed up drove down I-30.  In the meantime please feel free to purge those inadequacy feelings in the gomeangreen.com and please patron the advertisers here.  Whining from UNT Hater is music to my ears.

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:57 PM, mustangfan said:

North Texas fans could be right on this one being a bust.  I mean why would he leave Bama is my question.   I will always give you guys the benefit of the doubt. My yard guy went to NT and he seems to be a pretty sharp guy and right about a lot of things.

And he probably makes more than you do as well. Lol

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:32 AM, UNTLifer said:

And another smuT poster shows up on their rivals board.  We should create a thread area for you all to hang out.

My brother in Christ, you've posted 5 times in this thread. 

• Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2

15 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Y’all loved him, he was God I thought?

They did.
Honestly, it sounds all-too-familiar.   So many people here trashed the Murphy twins as "overrated" when they left.    Jilted fan syndrome is serious.

Lashlee is a brilliant offensive mind, no doubt.  Similar to Littrell for sure.   But is he a good CEO like Dykes?   
If no, I have news for the SMU fans: You need look no further than Denton to find where the brilliant-OC/lackluster-HC road takes you...  .500 football.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

They did.
Honestly, it sounds all-too-familiar.   So many people here trashed the Murphy twins as "overrated" when they left.    Jilted fan syndrome is serious.

Lashlee is a brilliant offensive mind, no doubt.  Similar to Littrell for sure.   But is he a good CEO like Dykes?   
If no, I have news for the SMU fans: You need look no further than Denton to find where the brilliant-OC/lackluster-HC road takes you...  .500 football.

At this point are we convinced Littrell is a brilliant OC anymore? I mean he's been in and out of calling plays the last couple of seasons and it hasn't been great.

Couple that with subpar recruiting and bad coaching hires. He's just.....mediocre all around

But then again I'm beating a dead horse about getting rid of him while our "rivals" (and actual rival UTSA) are blowing by us every day. It's just all around depressing

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1