North Texas transfer Stout (Corner-Back) "Making Waves" at WKU

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Pretty much says our coaches suck.

Waa, give me a break, of course he would give that impression. Poll all the FBS head coaches and at least 90% of them would trust Phil Bennett’s opinion over Tyson Summers. He can enjoy that new CUSA while we are in the AAC.

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

38 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Waa, give me a break, of course he would give that impression. Poll all the FBS head coaches and at least 90% of them would trust Phil Bennett’s opinion over Tyson Summers. He can enjoy that new CUSA while we are in the AAC.

His words not mine. Good luck to Upton. 

• Upvote 2

Amazing how so many on here continue to look at players who leave this program and then want to judge us based on the things they say. I'm sure every one of these players was just the most outstanding citizen and did everything right and it was only the coaches fault

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Amazing how so many on here continue to look at players who lead this program and then want to judge us based on the things they say. I'm sure every one of these players was just the most outstanding citizen and did everything right and it was only the coaches fault

You probably meant leave here and I agree.

• Upvote 1

It really sucked to lose him.

Cant blame him though.   One of the head-scratching moves by Bennett, leaving him on the bench.  He can play.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

Gonna have to make do with what we have, and in reading the reports on Spring practice, it sounds like we’re gonna have problems with competent passing teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Situations like this are no win for a team/coaching staff.  The player leaves, says whatever he wants without worrying about the reactions.  The team he left and its coaching staff has to remain silent or they come across as petty.  We have no idea what went on behind closed doors, if he was a good teammate, did he clash with the coaches, was he a good teammate, etc...?  How many players have made a comment about how much they miss having him around?

It is easy to make comments from outside the program, they aren't always accurate.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Situations like this are no win for a team/coaching staff.  The player leaves, says whatever he wants without worrying about the reactions.  The team he left and its coaching staff has to remain silent or they come across as petty.  We have no idea what went on behind closed doors, if he was a good teammate, did he clash with the coaches, was he a good teammate, etc...?  How many players have made a comment about how much they miss having him around?

It is easy to make comments from outside the program, they aren't always accurate.

DITTO Lifer

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It really sucked to lose him.

Cant blame him though.   One of the head-scratching moves by Bennett, leaving him on the bench.  He can play.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

Gonna have to make do with what we have, and in reading the reports on Spring practice, it sounds like we’re gonna have problems with competent passing teams.

It's hard to know for sure. It's interesting how during the spring when you do not allow your QBs to get hit they can stand in the pocket and throw good balls and make the Defense look bad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Great point. I could be wrong, but with some of our coaches how the players acts on and off the field makes a difference. Perhaps some players feel that their play on the field should allow them to act in certain ways and when a coach gets on them they are not happy. 

• Upvote 2