'22 LB Emmerick Dopona FM Marcus

Marty

• Marty changed the title to '22 LB Emmerick Dopona FM Marcus
  • 9 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 7:41 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

If Gush helped in 2022 it is likely he helped with the offer at UIW

He tags Gush in a boatload of stuff going back to high school before we even offered the PWO. Kid looks like a Mason Fine/Quinn Shanbour level hard worker. I was surprised to see he played in the blue/grey all star game and still was only offered PWO stuff.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

He tags Gush in a boatload of stuff going back to high school before we even offered the PWO. Kid looks like a Mason Fine/Quinn Shanbour level hard worker. I was surprised to see he played in the blue/grey all star game and still was only offered PWO stuff.

You mean the blue/grey game where you have to pay your own way to play at? Kids from my high school who have no business playing D1 ball have participated in that game. Essentially if you can afford the couple thousand dollars to participate, they will let you play. There is some nomination process for it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

You mean the blue/grey game where you have to pay your own way to play at? Kids from my high school who have no business playing D1 ball have participated in that game. Essentially if you can afford the couple thousand dollars to participate, they will let you play. There is some nomination process for it.

Thank you for the education. I had no idea that was a pay your own way “all star” game. Now it makes sense why he was only offered a PWO.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Thank you for the education. I had no idea that was a pay your own way “all star” game. Now it makes sense why he was only offered a PWO.

No problem. I'm not saying that like qualified kids don't play in it. I just know 1 of the guys from my hometown who was nominated was fundraising to go play in the game. He was getting FBS looks but ended up at a JUCO. I think he is playing ball now at an FCS on the East Coast. Another kid who was nominated, didn't sign anywhere. He was getting D2 and D3 offers. It's just a mixed bag, but you have to pay to play in it.

• Thanks 1