LSU loses 11 basketball players to transfer portal

NT80

"In a fairly unprecedented situation, that now leaves new coach Matt McMahon with zero scholarship players from this past season still on the roster.

LSU fired Will Wade on March 12 after the school received an NCAA notice of allegations detailing seven Level I violation allegations in the men's basketball program. In the three weeks since Wade's departure, 11 players have entered the transfer portal, two players left for the NBA draft and all four commitments in the 2022 and 2023 classes reopened their recruitments." 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33647582/lsu-mwani-wilkinson-becomes-11th-tigers-player-enter-transfer-portal

It sounds like everyone is leaving the crime scene before the NCAA starts asking the questions...

16 hours ago, NT80 said:

"In a fairly unprecedented situation, that now leaves new coach Matt McMahon with zero scholarship players from this past season still on the roster.

LSU fired Will Wade on March 12 after the school received an NCAA notice of allegations detailing seven Level I violation allegations in the men's basketball program. In the three weeks since Wade's departure, 11 players have entered the transfer portal, two players left for the NBA draft and all four commitments in the 2022 and 2023 classes reopened their recruitments." 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33647582/lsu-mwani-wilkinson-becomes-11th-tigers-player-enter-transfer-portal

It sounds like everyone is leaving the crime scene before the NCAA starts asking the questions...

Wow! Even Baylor had a few scholarship players when Scott Drew took over. What do those guys know? 

• Upvote 1

Some schools regard NCAA sanctions as simply the cost of doing business.  They cheat. They win. They get slapped with sanctions.  They know it is coming and these schools just enjoy the wins and know it will come with a few years of no postseason.  A local school in Dallas does this.  LSU seems following the same model.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Some schools regard NCAA sanctions as simply the cost of doing business.  They cheat. They win. They get slapped with sanctions.  They know it is coming and these schools just enjoy the wins and know it will come with a few years of no postseason.  A local school in Dallas does this.  LSU seems following the same model.

And neither have anything of consequences to show for it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, outoftown said:

how many schollies is a program allowed to signin a single year? in football it is 25(+7 I thnk), I got no clue what it is in basketball.

Isn’t it just the 13 then usually 3 walk ons. I figure there isn’t a limit with it being so low already. I assume all 13 can be signed in the same year.