Who Am I?

UNTLifer

Some off-season fun.

I will add a clue or two daily until the correct answer is provided, and then move on to a new person from UNT's athletic history.

1.  Didn't play the position he was originally recruited to UNT to play.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

Round Two:

1.  My first recollection of me noticing this young man was on special teams where he stood out as just fearless.  Loved watching him on kick off coverage.

Edited by UNTLifer

12 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

What was Hall recruited as?

I remember reading that he came to NT because every other College that was recruiting him was only interested in him playing Safety or DB.  It's my understanding that NT wanted him for the same position but promised him a shot at QB if he came here. The rest is history.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Round Two:

1.  My first recollection of me noticing this young man was on special teams where he stood out as just fearless.  Loved watching him on kick off coverage.

Patrick Cobbs?

52 minutes ago, ADLER said:

A quarterback. He was offered at Texas as a Defensive Back.

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Scott Hall was the answer.  Patrick Cobbs is incorrect for #2.

Was just offering a counter answer to your “correct” answer given the above. 
Jeremy Phillips was a qb that became a fair dinkum LB. Hall was a qb that became a…qb. 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I remember reading that he came to NT because every other College that was recruiting him was only interested in him playing Safety or DB.  It's my understanding that NT wanted him for the same position but promised him a shot at QB if he came here. The rest is history.

This is my recollection, so my interpretation of the above is that he was recruited as a DB with the promise of a shot at QB.  There isn't this gray area with player number two.

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

This is my recollection, so my interpretation of the above is that he was recruited as a DB with the promise of a shot at QB.  There isn't this gray area with player number two.

My #2 was just a wild guess based on his later ST success. 

• Upvote 1