Commit Keith Smith hits the portal

Brett Vito

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I'm ok with this. Let Morris bring his own guys in, whether High School or portal

Agree. Not too long ago people were talking about next year being a disaster and this year's recruiting class being a disaster and now all of a sudden people are acting like we should win most of our games next year and we're losing a great recruiting class.
Many players now days do not commit to the school as much as they commit to a coach so this should not come as a surprise to anybody. We are gonna lose players and coach Morris we'll start filling the roster with his players. This is why the movement at head coach should have been made last year to give us time to be ready before we start playing the American.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I went back and read his Tweet.  He not only said he was “committed” but that he was “100% committed.” 

Turns out he wasn’t.  It’s just words.

Yeah, this isn't it. Can't fault a kid for decomitting from a staff that is no longer here

• Upvote 4

I'm intrigued by all the panic with decommits and transfers. Obviously we need to maintain our top talent that's already here but otherwise, I'm not upset about guys decommiting or backups leaving. It's happened before and it'll happen again. SL took a team from 1-11 to 5-8 in year 1 with much less to work off of and much less to sell. Yes, we're going to a new conference, but there's no reason Eric Morris can't elevate us in year 1 of his tenure. If this turns into a rebuild instead of building on what we have, year 1 will be a failure. I don't see that happening. We'll be fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1