DRC: McCasland was a hot commodity this spring in college basketball. He's still at UNT. Here's why.

Brett Vito

6 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I think the world of Grant and I think he runs a clean program that we can all be proud of.  I just surprised we not seeing some sought after players coming here.   Grant is special coach who gets everything out of his players.  

I read a coach quote recently that said, "Players these days want to be praised, not coached."

There's a bit of old-man-yells-at-cloud vibe in it, but also a heavy dose of truth.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

AAC is a big plus!!!!!!!!!

For sure. Unique opportunity to see a program through a change of conference. It also puts pressure on Baker to not head into a new conference rebuilding with a new coach. Consistency at the helm will be key to continuing success through this. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

For sure. Unique opportunity to see a program through a change of conference. It also puts pressure on Baker to not head into a new conference rebuilding with a new coach. Consistency at the helm will be key to continuing success through this. 

Or, as we like to say over on the football side, "WTF".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/1/2022 at 8:58 PM, Glory to the Green said:

“His father is at every practice and game.”

GMac, and apparently his family, just seem like good peeps. I’m a fan…not just because of the UNT ties.  GMG!

His dad is awesome, sat next to us at the La Tech game in Ruston this year. His entire family is just so likable.

Fantastic family 

• Upvote 4