‘23 RB Jahbari Kuykendall - Houston Westside

97and03

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a pretty loaded RB room. I am not bashing Jahbari, he seems to be a pretty talented kid. I think this was just a matter of need. His production was down, and we hired a new staff. It probably just didn't make a lot of sense to sign another RB when we currently have 4 quality backs in the rotation and 2-3 more signed over previous years that will take over when they graduate. I bet an FCS school will pick him up and he lights it up. 

2021: 176-1,603-14 rushing (9.1 ypc) and 7-42-0 receiving as a junior.

2022: 117-719-10 rushing (6.1 ypc) and 10-75-1 receiving as a senior

6 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

We have a pretty loaded RB room. I am not bashing Jahbari, he seems to be a pretty talented kid. I think this was just a matter of need. His production was down, and we hired a new staff. It probably just didn't make a lot of sense to sign another RB when we currently have 4 quality backs in the rotation and 2-3 more signed over previous years that will take over when they graduate. I bet an FCS school will pick him up and he lights it up. 

2021: 176-1,603-14 rushing (9.1 ypc) and 7-42-0 receiving as a junior.

2022: 117-719-10 rushing (6.1 ypc) and 10-75-1 receiving as a senior

I think this is a pretty accurate line of thinking. We have limited ships and RB isn' a place of need right now. I feel bad put the kid in a tough position, hope he finds a good home.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Someone needs to notify 247 because they show that he is still committed to us.  I guess we'll just have to wait until the official roster comes out to see whether he's in or out.

247 used to be on top of their updates. It now seems they are focusing on the P5s and getting around to the G5s as time permits. 

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

247 used to be on top of their updates. It now seems they are focusing on the P5s and getting around to the G5s as time permits. 

Want a good laugh?  Look at 247’s roster breakdowns per position. I think they still list Joe Greene as a fifth year senior. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:05 AM, UNTLifer said:

Want a good laugh?  Look at 247’s roster breakdowns per position. I think they still list Joe Greene as a fifth year senior. 

For instance, Today they list the following:

QB Depth: Ja'Michael Brown (committed to us in 2014 as a WR), Will Kuehne and Armani Gilmore.

S Depth: Jevin Murray and Jordan Nichols

CB: Donshay Douglas and Tavorice Weaver

OT: Eric Williams, Jacob Farrell and Rayvon Crum

RB: Nick Smith and Roderick Brown

• Haha 3

On 1/20/2023 at 8:43 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

He was referring a post about Seth a few days ago. New staff might not feel he is a fit

If Seth’s staff thought he was going to be a good running back, he probably will be. He missed on plenty, but I don’t recall Littrell missing on a running back much, if at all.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

For instance, Today they list the following:

QB Depth: Ja'Michael Brown (committed to us in 2014 as a WR), Will Kuehne and Armani Gilmore.

S Depth: Jevin Murray and Jordan Nichols

CB: Donshay Douglas and Tavorice Weaver

OT: Eric Williams, Jacob Farrell and Rayvon Crum

RB: Nick Smith and Roderick Brown

Ja’michael Brown didn’t commit to us as a WR. It’s even worse. He committed to us, and played, for basketball.

• Haha 3

On 1/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

I think a kid that works for the NT Daily also covers us on 247 now. His name is like Reed Smith or something like that.

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Ja’michael Brown didn’t commit to us as a WR. It’s even worse. He committed to us, and played, for basketball.

Correct and who in the world is Donshay Douglas?  I also don't ever recall the RB by the name of Roderick Brown.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Correct and who in the world is Donshay Douglas?  I also don't ever recall the RB by the name of Roderick Brown.

Who is this "Wodewick" you speak of?