Memphis men's basketball team facing multiple NCAA violations

NT80

Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway is the only person named in the notice of allegations, according to the report. It says Hardaway was involved in at least one of the Level I violations and the two Level II violations. The NCAA alleges Hardaway "failed to demonstrate that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance within the men's basketball program."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33602300/memphis-men-basketball-team-facing-multiple-ncaa-violations

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway is the only person named in the notice of allegations, according to the report. It says Hardaway was involved in at least one of the Level I violations and the two Level II violations. The NCAA alleges Hardaway "failed to demonstrate that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance within the men's basketball program."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33602300/memphis-men-basketball-team-facing-multiple-ncaa-violations

Not good for the AAC.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

This is really bad for us. We need SMU's and Memphis' of the world to be strong to keep the AAC competitive and the $$$ flowing from ESPN, etc.  We don't need hobbled conference mates right when we enter. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

22 hours ago, NT80 said:

joaquin-phoenix-gladiator.gif

You need to see beyond your own hatred of SMU, which I share with you. I don't want to step into another promising new conference only to see it downgraded. We need other strong conference mates to be a strong conference. That doesn't mean I'm rooting for the other teams.  If the AAC degrades further, we can kiss the fairly large ESPN $$$ they rake in goodbye. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

You need to see beyond your own hatred of SMU, which I share with you. I don't want to step into another promising new conference only to see it downgraded. We need other strong conference mates to be a strong conference. That doesn't mean I'm rooting for the other teams.  If the AAC degrades further, we can kiss the fairly large ESPN $$$ they rake in goodbye. 

Let Tulsa or ECU step up.  Screw smu.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Let Tulsa or ECU step up.  Screw smu.

Ha ha!! I hope that Tulsa and ECU do step-up. I also forgot to mention Wichita State in additional to Memphis, etc. in my original post. It would be great if Wichita can get back to their Top 25 form. We could be a great basketball conference with multiple teams ranked each year, which also increases likelihood of multiple bids for tourney and more $$$ for the conference members.

• Upvote 3