Statement from SMU on their hire

emmitt01

Seriously reminds me of asking girls out in school.  Not wanting to hurt feelings, they'll say we'll see, or we can try to meet up.  You tell people you have a date, then when they have "prior commitments", you are left empty handed...

And this crap about never seriously considering Mac, is like when you ask a mutual friend, "Hey, does she like me?"  And when the friend says no, you just say, "I wasn't asking her out."  

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

All the fluff talk on Smut boards is don't worry about his head coaching disaster at Siena.  Since then has a lot of experience as an assistant at some big programs.   They say he was hired to recruit Texas, but he has been gone from Texas since 2015.  Sounds like the next Benford.

• Upvote 5

This may not be politically correct but the fact that Lanier is an African American may [ I repeat MAY] have been a consideration. The DFW  has a number of African High School basketball players that move on to D1 programs outside the area who might reconsider their choice with Lanier at the helm of SMU. While not the best won lost record I have seen [it pales by comparison to Jank] he has an excellent pedigree with a Texas recruiting background.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

This may not be politically correct but the fact that Lanier is an African American may [ I repeat MAY] have been a consideration. The DFW  has a number of African High School basketball players that move on to D1 programs outside the area who might reconsider their choice with Lanier at the helm of SMU. While not the best won lost record I have seen [it pales by comparison to Jank] he has an excellent pedigree with a Texas recruiting background.

I absolutely think that him being black was the main reason they hired him over Golding.. 

• Upvote 1

Total propaganda story in the DMN on the $mut hire.  Made it sound like Lanier was the one and only candidate considered.  $mut said they contacted him right after Jank resigned on Tuesday (sure) and he was on a plane Wednesday to Dallas.  Offered the job Friday (after the Big Turn Down from Grant, but no mention of that at all), lol.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:10 PM, NT80 said:

Total propaganda story in the DMN on the $mut hire.  Made it sound like Lanier was the one and only candidate considered.  $mut said they contacted him right after Jank resigned on Tuesday (sure) and he was on a plane Wednesday to Dallas.  Offered the job Friday (after the Big Turn Down from Grant, but no mention of that at all), lol.

SMU would have been very stupid to want this guy over McCasland.

Of course they would also be very stupid to admit that to anyone.