SMU Coaching Candidates

Clinetort

8 minutes ago, denton_days said:

SMU getting Rob Lanier outta Georgia State. 

Not a bad hire, but certainly not the hire you would expect of “Dallas’ team” with their storied history and limitless potential on their way to a P5 invite…any day now.  

In all seriousness, Ga State has recent NCAA appearances in 2018, 2019, and this year.  18 win team this year.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Not a bad hire, but certainly not the hire you would expect of “Dallas’ team” with their storied history and limitless potential on their way to a P5 invite…any day now.  

In all seriousness, Ga State has recent NCAA appearances in 2018, 2019, and this year.  18 win team this year.  

Do you get rid of Jank for this???? Golding must of said no!

• Confused 1

If you look at Lanier's season-to-season W-L trajectory, it's not exactly mind-blowing.  I'm not even sure you could call that an upward slope.  Obv, there's more to a good coach than this, and he took a break from HC, but it just seems odd for SMU which will always look to make a splash hire.  Or, so I thought.

PS: Looks like he's an established recruiter.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Just now, greenminer said:

If you look at Lanier's season-to-season W-L trajectory, it's not exactly mind-blowing.  I'm not even sure you could call that an upward slope.  Obv, there's more to a good coach than this, but it just seems odd for SMU which will always look to make a splash hire.  Or, so I thought.

PS: Looks like he's an established recruiter.

This is what happens when the impression of the SMU job inside of University Park is nothing close to the impression outside of there…and you keep hearing “no thanks”

• Upvote 1