6-1

Weight:

Class:

Sophomore

Hometown:

Orange, Texas

Highschool:

Little Cypress Mauriceville HS

High School: Played at Little Cypress Mauriceville in Orange, Texas. He was a two-year football letter winner, earning 1st team All-District honors. Also participated in track & field.

link:  https://hpusports.com/sports/football/roster/michael-davis/4391

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

If I remember correctly...Brandon "Booger" Kennedy was deemed too small also. His height hurt him but how fast he could get body moving was impressive.

Kennedy was DaMN's Player of the Year and an AP 1st-team all-state. He was a first team all-district 16-4A pick the for three straight years and a DaMN T100 recruit. His senior year he had 123 total tackles including 25 for losses, 21 quarterback sacks and caused eight fumbles.

How was Michael Davis's HS career?

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Big difference between D3 and JUCO. JUCO guys are consistently playing at the FBS level.

D3 guys are not even on scholarship. It's like an anyone can come thing. Austin College and ETBU invited me to play back in the day. I had teammates play D3, and they often told me stories about how terrible the guys they played with were. 

Get out of your feelings, we need to get transfer portal FBS/FCS guys. Not D3 DL.

Have a good day Go Mean Green family.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Always amazed to see how some people will jump on the opportunity to put down a player that wants to come to North Texas and then someone transfers out and all they want to say is thank you so much for the time you spent here and wish them luck.

I wish the player well, its the staff thats shit. Next question.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Big difference between D3 and JUCO. JUCO guys are consistently playing at the FBS level.

D3 guys are not even on scholarship. It's like an anyone can come thing. Austin College and ETBU invited me to play back in the day. I had teammates play D3, and they often told me stories about how terrible the guys they played with were. 

Get out of your feelings, we need to get transfer portal FBS/FCS guys. Not D3 DL.

Why are you taking a walk on lineman this seriously?  It really isn't that big of a deal man. 

Most walk ons have done absolutely nothing at any level in college.  Don't think anyone is asking or expecting this kid to jump in and start or even play.  Criticizing athletes paying their own way and still putting in the work every day is just a very weird path to go down.

Edit- Would like to clarify that what I mean when I say most walk ons have done nothing is that they have done nothing prior to becoming a walk on wherever they choose to walk on, once they have become a walk on there are plenty of instances of success.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 7

PB in a short time has done a pretty damn good job with our defense.  I suspect that he is the person that thought this young man could help us out and contribute to improving our defense.  Let's give him a chance to get on the field, then you can at least make an educated critic.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Trieb and Davis both came from D3 juco programs. 

Jucos just like NCAA programs have classifications.  

D3 denotes that they are non-scholarship.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

Why are you taking a walk on lineman this seriously?  It really isn't that big of a deal man. 

Most walk ons have done absolutely nothing at any level in college.  Don't think anyone is asking or expecting this kid to jump in and start or even play.  Criticizing athletes paying their own way and still putting in the work every day is just a very weird path to go down.

Baker Mayfield did OK

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Dude HAS to be a walkon. Last played at HPU in 2019. Don’t get all freaked out like this is what Bennett is see as our prized recruit or anything. Chill @jtm0097

Sorry I am taking my years of frustration from this program out on the kid. He didn't deserve that. It sounded like in the first post, it was a kid we got from the portal. I ate a snickers, and now I am back to normal.

I don't regret my words on Seth or the coaches though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 3