DRC: Sources close to McCasland confident he isn't headed to SMU

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, texx2818 said:

I will just make this clear, I don’t object to giving Mac a massive raise. I think he should be easily pulling in $1 mil, maybe $1 + 300K in incentives. I was simply saying I know a lot of people were weirdly okay with letting Mac walk over money (once again, statistically probably the best coach at UNT in either football or basketball) simply because we are hamstrung by the Littrell contract.

It's not that people were ok with it, we are just realists. If a program is really willing to offer 2.7-3m range there is nothing UNT could do about it. I can see UNT countering with at tops 1.5-1.7m, but we would still be short. It has nothing to do with Littrell. 

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I disagree in that I don’t have a problem with us raising the head coaching salary or even the assistants.  It shows the world we are serious and not participating in the bargain basement program that we had here for far too long.  What I do have a problem with is the fact that Seth is not earning the money we pay him!

Agree that we should be paying at the top of the conference, and it's good for our perception. However, are we really a serious program if we keep accepting these results? No one knows for sure if the AD had the ability to fire Littrell, only they know the finances, we can only assume his contract was a major road block. 

• Confused 1