I will be donating...

20 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

...to the school again. 

The Tony Benford/Dan McCarney sagas financially turned me away. I have a new outlook, and due to that I will be putting skin back in the game. 

I can't recall my old giving number, but I believe it was either 250 or 500. I will be going to 500 either way. I don't make a lot of money, so that is my comfort level. 

I'm not posting this for a virtual high five, but to maybe inspire others to do the same.  

To finish, I wish there was a way, even for peasant donors such as myself, to donate specifically to basketball rather than to the MGSF slush. I truly think we could shine a positive bright light on our university via basketball. We could be a nationally recognized basketball school with adequate support. 

That is all and GMG. 

Bravo brother!  To the point in bold, there is.  You can give a restricted gift.  I donated specifically to basketball while I was on my high after winning the regular season championship.  Here's the info:  https://meangreenscholarshipfund.com/waystogive.html

• Upvote 6

Just now, tmjerm said:

Bravo brother!  To the point in bold, there is.  You can give a restricted gift.  I donated specifically to basketball while I was on my high after winning the regular season championship.  Here's the info:  https://meangreenscholarshipfund.com/waystogive.html

Well, I'll be damned. Awesome! Ty

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That's great. But even if he leaves, I believe WB will make a good decision on his replacement given his basketball acumen. So I'm in either way. 

I also wish, much how I believe the school sort of created the 'Maniacs' or at minimum had a helping hand in it, I wish the school would really push a grassroots effort in capturing more donors. "The Peasant Farm" or "The Little Guy Club", etc. Something to really attempt to churn out those sub 1,000 dollar annual commitments. We can have power in numbers, but the investment to really reach out to our numbers should be made. Not to discredit the past and current attempts, but we have to tap into our alum and our alum have to get on board. Creativity to get them on board has to be the staple. We are different, as in our base is different. They have to be approached differently. Normal methodical ways such as cold calling and generic mail outs isn't getting it done. Establish something for the "Little Guy" to pull in the little guys. 

100% agree with everything you said. Hopefully it’s the next step in elevating this program to a more basketball centric level.

• Upvote 1

Monthly bank drafts three different levels, $25 a month, $50 a month and $100 a month.  Call it sustaining membership and name each level.  Hopefully we have people at the Athletic Department that get paid to come up with this stuff, it is not rocket science....

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 3