St Bonaventure defeats Virginia 52-51

ADLER

13 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Thanks mustang maniacs. You were given all the tools to help your team, but you decided to fail.

"But Adler, we really just wanted to stand along the front rail and see if we could get on television. Who cares if our team needed our support."

The Athletic Department really does need to step in on the name and steer things back in the right direction. Copying the name of the SMU student section is so asinine it’s almost beyond comprehension. 

edit: The fact it does not appear to be an official name for SMU doesn’t change my feeling. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

• ADLER changed the title to NIT Tonight on ESPN: St Bonaventure defeats Virginia 52-51 on National Television

Good things happen when you go to the rim as St Bonaventure did. Gotta hit the free throws too. Credit to them there again. And a heck of a block at the end to seal it.

And let's not discredit St Bonaventure by assuming we would have beat them. They beat Colorado, OU, and Virginia all on the road to get to Madison Square Garden and play in the NIT Final 4 a couple hours from home. Great season by them.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Good things happen when you go to the rim as St Bonaventure did. Gotta hit the free throws too. Credit to them there again. And a heck of a block at the end to seal it.

And let's not discredit St Bonaventure by assuming we would have beat them. They beat Colorado, OU, and Virginia all on the road to get to Madison Square Garden and play in the NIT Final 4 a couple hours from home. Great season by them.

Amazing run by the Bonnies. We would have had our hands full. Especially without Jones (presumably). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

That should have been us hosting on national television, beating St Bonaventure, and progressing to New York for the NIT Final Four in Madison Square Garden

Just think, we would be hosting this game tonight if Virginia had missed just one more basket. Coach Bennett was sure grateful that there were very few distractions from the North Texas student section.

Michigan vs. Michigan State basketball - mlive.com

Michigan students are not morbidly confused what to do with foam noodles at a basketball game.

The Virginia coach would never have been able to gameplan during timeouts if our students could figure the complicated instructions of operating one of these things:

In Stock Blank 7" Mini Megaphones

And that folks, is how we lost the game. The players did their part, the students didn't. 

@BigWillie with one of these and vodka shots sounded like captain caveman yelling at the refs.

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

And that folks, is how we lost the game. The players did their part, the students didn't. 

so we lost the CUSA tournament because of the uniforms and the NIT tournament because our students didn't wave noodles...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

7 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Um, unquestionably, without a shadow of a doubt, Yes. 

A super loud rowdy student section is easily worth one basket in a game. It would have been an extreme home court advantage.

well, i mean, i can't argue with facts... extreme home court advantages are one the best strategies major schools use... that's why Virginia didn't lose at home by one basket or less today...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Y’all some weird folks. We lost bc we came out of halftime flat and gave up 3 straight TOs that led to points. That was the difference. Not whether or not the student section used some pool noodles correctly. 

Actually this is wrong too. We lost because my wife made me go to Kroger at half-time. I was still gone when the second half started which is when those 3 turnovers happened and Virginia got separation. I got back on the couch when we were down 10. From there, the comeback was on. Sadly, I got home a little too late as we would have won if I got home down 8 instead of 10. My bad, guys.

• Haha 3
  • Pissed 2

41 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Sometimes it's a whole lot easier to hit a target when you're not interrupted.

You're a golfer. Would it affect you if I stood next to you blasting an air horn every time you tried to tee off?

Yeah, but if my opponent was wearing grey instead of white I would already know he was going to lose, so that cancels out the horn

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

• ADLER changed the title to St Bonaventure defeats Virginia 52-51
14 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Actually this is wrong too. We lost because my wife made me go to Kroger at half-time. I was still gone when the second half started which is when those 3 turnovers happened and Virginia got separation. I got back on the couch when we were down 10. From there, the comeback was on. Sadly, I got home a little too late as we would have won if I got home down 8 instead of 10. My bad, guys.

Scene control, my man.  You put your foot down, tell her “No!” emphatically, and sleep in the backyard for the remainder of March like I am doing. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 1