Now that Basketball is Done

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Like the Titanic, the yelling and screaming won't start until the sinking (continues) this Fall. 

gettyimages-503132519-4be1b91f-ee63-410d

I'd love to call you out on this, but, that iceberg has three big red letters on it. Littrell either blasts through it on that first Saturday or starts job searching the following Monday. This has been the most patient administration and fan base tolerating almost mediocrity, but I think that's about to change.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Can you confirm a name change to the Purple Nurples to accommodate?

No, the rumor is that a certain person in the athletics department charged with ordering MEAN GREEN uniforms and staffing attire has changed his favorite colors from grey and black to violet and lavender. Purple Nurples may have been in contention but I heard he wants it changed to Tinkie Winkies.

image.jpeg.90fd20f4edfdcc3030ba7c1aca4a4177.jpeg

In time, with his decisions, maybe we'll have uniforms to match each of the Teletubbies.

image.jpeg.05ff36b8e141aa5a1bf100b51eba1572.jpeg

So screw school colors, we can always say "the kids like these" and that they help in recruiting.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, NWKGREEN said:

Why do you guys get on a “fan page” just to bash the team?  

Some guys have been here for years and continually heard "this year will be different" just for it not to be different. Some people are fed up with the same old, same old. It's really nothing personal against the players. We respect them and thank them for their contributions to the team and school. It's mainly just we have one of the most overpaid and underachieving head coaches in the country and some of us have felt he should have been gone years ago because that's when we lost faith in them being able to do anything more with this program. If you think it's bad now, just imagine how it will be if this team loses to SMU (yet again) with a brand new head coach while ours is on his 7th year. I would advise not coming anywhere close to this board around that time if this happens. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Some guys have been here for years and continually heard "this year will be different" just for it not to be different. Some people are fed up with the same old, same old. It's really nothing personal against the players. We respect them and thank them for their contributions to the team and school. It's mainly just we have one of the most overpaid and underachieving head coaches in the country and some of us have felt he should have been gone years ago because that's when we lost faith in them being able to do anything more with this program. If you think it's bad now, just imagine how it will be if this team loses to SMU (yet again) with a brand new head coach while ours is on his 7th year. I would advise not coming anywhere close to this board around that time if this happens. 

This may all be true, but SMU has a lot more money in their program than we do.  We could have had a game changer WR transfer here from UNC, but guess where he ended up. $$$$. We have kids on this team on scholarship that are working part time jobs to pay rent. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 minutes ago, NWKGREEN said:

This may all be true, but SMU has a lot more money in their program than we do.  We could have had a game changer WR transfer here from UNC, but guess where he ended up. $$$$. We have kids on this team on scholarship that are working part time jobs to pay rent. 

Bottom line, you can't be a 7th year head coach and one of the highest paid in the conference and keep losing games of meaning like SMU. If he loses to SMU and Memphis, which are future conference-mates the following year, I can't see him keeping his job. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Bottom line, you can't be a 7th year head coach and one of the highest paid in the conference and keep losing games of meaning like SMU. If he loses to SMU and Memphis, which are future conference-mates the following year, I can't see him keeping his job. 

@NWKGREENmakes a good point though, if you don’t give them the same tools, you put the coach and the team at a disadvantage. Comparing SMU to us in terms of NIL is like comparing the New York Yankees and Milwaukee Brewers. If we can’t step our NIL game up we might has well go in the bathroom and bitch at the mirror.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, NWKGREEN said:

That is not as uncommon as you think, especially for the non-athlete. I know Zach Wilson at BYU was working for Uber Eats. Troy Aikman worked at a brewery during the offseason to pay the bills. He said that is part of why he released his beer recently.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, ADLER said:

No, the rumor is that a certain person in the athletics department charged with ordering MEAN GREEN uniforms and staffing attire has changed his favorite colors from grey and black to violet and lavender. Purple Nurples may have been in contention but I heard he wants it changed to Tinkie Winkies.

image.jpeg.90fd20f4edfdcc3030ba7c1aca4a4177.jpeg

In time, with his decisions, maybe we'll have uniforms to match each of the Teletubbies.

image.jpeg.05ff36b8e141aa5a1bf100b51eba1572.jpeg

So screw school colors, we can always say "the kids like these" and that they help in recruiting.

So I see, the target is to recruit them in pre-school age before anyone else can get their hands on em. Smart.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

If Seth loses to SMU and Memphis, which are future conference-mates the following year, I can't see him keeping his job. 

I don't see any reason to give Seth the opportunity to lose to Memphis if he loses to SMU. I like Seth and only want the best for him, but he is here to perform a job, 

If you pay your good friend to fix your car but it still breaks down most weeks, it's time to get a new mechanic. It's nothing personal. Being a "really nice guy" has no bearing on this decision.

If we lose our first game we should display a commitment and start looking to hire the best replacement.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Well now that basketball season is over, for the most part, I’m gonna get to some practices and such. Ready to get back into football, even though I know I’m going to get hurt during the season after partially hyping up the team during the offseason…

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well now that basketball season is over, for the most part, I’m gonna get to some practices and such. Ready to get back into football, even though I know I’m going to get hurt during the season after partially hyping up the team during the offseason…

I am right there with you on this. Three losing seasons and that six game losing streak to start last year have really alienated the fan base, and there has been really no reason for them to have optimism of change. The egg laid at the Frisco Classic certainly didn't give anyone the sense that they're seeing improvement.

I am convinced that our first game will set the tone for the entire season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1