DRC: UNT paying out $81,000 in bonuses for postseason success to McCasland, Baker, Mitchell

Brett Vito

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

For you eye rollers and down voters, tell me why you think the athletic director should get 75% of the bonus head coach X gets while receiving 125% of the bonus head coach Y gets when he did nothing differently.

I dont have a problem with Grant getting a higher bonus than Jalie. I get that, its the whole USWNT argument which isn’t the issue here. I have a problem with Wren getting a higher bonus for Jalie’s work than Jalie got. Wren got 75% the bonus Grant got for what the men did but got 125% of the bonus amount Jalie got for what the women did. That seems wrong. Yes the women’s team brings in less revenue which means Wren’s bonus for the WNIT should be smaller than his bonus for the NIT.

Agents

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

On 3/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Cr1028 said:

For you eye rollers and down voters, tell me why you think the athletic director should get 75% of the bonus head coach X gets while receiving 125% of the bonus head coach Y gets when he did nothing differently.

I dont have a problem with Grant getting a higher bonus than Jalie. I get that, its the whole USWNT argument which isn’t the issue here. I have a problem with Wren getting a higher bonus for Jalie’s work than Jalie got. Wren got 75% the bonus Grant got for what the men did but got 125% of the bonus amount Jalie got for what the women did. That seems wrong. Yes the women’s team brings in less revenue which means Wren’s bonus for the WNIT should be smaller than his bonus for the NIT.

Perhaps it's the fact that both men's and women's team got NIT bids, which Wren, as AD. is responsible for. And for you sensitive types out there, perhaps it is the overall value placed on men's sports based on attendance and exposure. IDK.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

These bonuses have all been negotiated and part of the contracts.

On 3/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Cr1028 said:

These bonuses are part of the individual's contract.

The President and BOR approve these agreements. 

A compensation package has a lot of elements, Greater bonus potential versus more guaranteed salary is a substantial element.   

Few if any agents or subject parties are going to negotiate for less.  

Right or wrong women basketball just does not produce the revenue or get the publicity that the men's team does.   

Anyone that thinks that Mitchell is remotely close to McCasland in coaching ability is just not paying attention.