Spring Game - Saturday April 9th

Big Z

No garage sale and I’m not surprised because I’ve seen our players wearing New Mexico Bowl shirts around facilities and at practices. I would light those on fire

Shows that Nike doesn’t give our team THAT much compared to other schools who are doing garage sales…

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

38 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No garage sale and I’m not surprised because I’ve seen our players wearing New Mexico Bowl shirts around facilities and at practices. I would light those on fire

Shows that Nike doesn’t give our team THAT much compared to other schools who are doing garage sales…

No idea why any player or coach would want to wear those

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don't know if I buy this. I think UNT has plenty of Nike gear. I believe we need to work out a better contract with Nike and give fans actual on field gear and more jersey options especially basketball and football. This is a UNT problem not a Nike problem. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

Maybe the garage sale will be prior to opening FB season. Last one I went to you could pick up your tickets and parking pass at the same time. I know everything is digital...lol. I still go and get my tickets printed off. It's just easier and faster for me.

On 4/5/2022 at 2:17 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Please do. One of the highest coaching salaries in the conference, zero bowl wins, an overall losing record, and horrible record against teams with a winning record are good places to start!

Heckle when we are losing actual games. Not spring games.

• Upvote 2

On 3/23/2022 at 9:50 PM, tmjerm said:

Tryna go.  It’d be great if we could make the spring game a true event.  Especially post basketball success it’d be cool to recognize them at the spring game, etc.  once basketball ends, it’s a long haul without baseball to get to the start of football and it’d be nice to have one last big event spring semester.  I remember feeling sick about playing it at Denton ISD some years back.  We can do better than that. 

We played at the Denton ISD facility the spring Fouts was torn down and Apogee was still under construction. 

2 hours ago, texx2818 said:

You aren’t allowed to heckle on the alumni side. I was rudely told by CSC to shut up or leave at the Marshall game. 

Just a shot in the dark, but considering some of your posts, you think it might have had something to do with the language you might have been using?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Boomer is a state of mind not just a generation. And you, my friend, are a boomer.

Thanks for the compliment. 

What do you call someone that is classless in actions and speech and doesn’t really care how it effects those around them. I have some ideas, but didn’t want to hurt your feelings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, texx2818 said:

You aren’t allowed to heckle on the alumni side. I was rudely told by CSC to shut up or leave at the Marshall game. 

I was called an asshole when I lost it at the UAB game.  Luckily, I was on vacation for the Marshall game.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I was heckling Seth. I would never heckle a college athlete.

Yeah, well it isn't necessary curse at a coach to get them angry. All you have to do is speak the truth "HEY! WE'RE GETTIN' OUT COACHED".  For the coaches with inflated egos, they tend to take great exception to that loud observation.,,,,😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Dang. Clicked on this to read about the spring game a little  bit and read the thread. Conclusion, this football program clearly has 0 momentum, direction or excitement surrounding it. Yay us!

It lived down to your expectations I suspect, I was there hoping that somebody on staff  would be there trying  to sell me and others the Touchdown Terrace or Cabana experience.  I wasn’t looking at what was going on the field much but when I didn’t see anything to make me hopeful about a Littrell coached Mean Green team.  Not a full scrimmage and to their credit the marketing was honest about it not being an inter-squad game or scrimmage.  A waste of time with very limited concessions.  Like I said before, by keeping Littrell the decision makers have essentially decide to punt on this year and hope for a miracle.  Maybe budget wise they thought the had no other choice.  But eventually the marks who bought “My Pet Rock” realize they just have a dressed up rock.  No matter how much they really wanted to believe it was something more.

The uncomfortable truth appears to be only 50% popular here or worse.  

Anyone with a substantial disagreement with anything I said base on anything except green tinted hope?

Anymore ‘marks’ want to vote my comment down?  😄

Edited by Mike Jackson
Challenge detractors to make their point.
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

On 4/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, Mike Jackson said:

I was there hoping that somebody on staff  would be there trying  to sell me and others the Touchdown Terrace or Cabana experience.

I'm going on my 5th season of having tickets in CL, and the regular hand shaker and baby-kisser crew from the AD/MGSF/Ticket Sales (not sure which one, but it's the same few men year after year), has never once come by our seats to ask for even $50 more bucks in donations, etc. Considering how few people have club tickets, combined with the usual declining attendance as the season progresses the last few seasons, you'd think someone would eventually get around to a table touch on our seats at least just to say "hi" and "thanks for being a season ticket holder, have you thought about giving..." Or even "do you have basketball tickets too?".

I have gotten harder sales pushes from some random undergrad kid calling me to attempt to get me to donate another $100 towards the University endowment than I've gotten from the Athletic Dept to buy more/better tickets to a sport I already have tickets in, additional tickets to sports I don't have tickets in, and/or to donate additional money to MGSF or their next special project.  

Some of the people at the AD remind me of the wives of partners in law firms downtown who work 20hrs a week at Neiman's to get their husbands a few thousand dollars off their next $10k Brioni suit. It seems like a fun job where they get to watch sports while chasing 5 to 10 donors who would probably write a big check even if they didn't work there.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Some of the people at the AD remind me of the wives of partners in law firms downtown who work 20hrs a week at Neiman's to get their husbands a few thousand dollars off their next $10k Brioni suit. It seems like a fun job where they get to watch sports while chasing 5 to 10 donors who would probably write a big check even if they didn't work there.

At some point more people are going to realize how true this is......Within any organization, there are strengths and weaknesses.....and there are many positives with the current state of the athletic department......BUT.........

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

You should’ve seen the early to mid 2000s. 

14 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2022 at 6:10 AM, flyonthewall said:

At some point more people are going to realize how true this is......Within any organization, there are strengths and weaknesses.....and there are many positives with the current state of the athletic department......BUT.........

Thank you and meanrob for the feedback. I discontinued my season tickets about 5 years ago.  I always donate regardless but it was depressing not being able to get anyone to come with me or even give my extra tickets away.  They definitely need better sales efforts if they aren’t going to awe fans with an undefeated or 1 loss season.  Pretty certain that won’t happened with Seth here.  A coach just on the plus side of mediocre just can’t do that here we don’t prestigious football history here or recent alumni who became NFL stars.   The department as a whole is doing well but football is lame mule not pulling its weight.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

Thank you and meanrob for the feedback. I discontinued my season tickets about 5 years ago.  I always donate regardless but it was depressing not being able to get anyone to come with me or even give my extra tickets away.  They definitely need better sales efforts if they aren’t going to awe fans with an undefeated or 1 loss season.  Pretty certain that won’t happened with Seth here.  A coach just on the plus side of mediocre just can’t do that here we don’t prestigious football history here or recent alumni who became NFL stars.   The department as a whole is doing well but football is lame mule not pulling its weight.

One of my beefs with the athletic department is even when the have good ideas, they move on instead of sticking with it. That was especially true in the RV era. One of the reasons I was shocked BTG lasted so long. 

We used to have 8-10 min highlights on YT. Now we have ninety seconds. Our graphics have fallen off. They get frustrated by the lack of attendance at fan events so they quit or change it instead of building continuity. I know this stuff cost money but it pays off, moreso than a curmudgeon head coach who does nothing to pump up the fan base but go .500. The AD has improved but no time to rest on your laurels now, with the move to the AAC we can’t keep half-assing things. 

• Upvote 6