Mac to SMU???

Marty

3 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Because it’s a lateral/downgrade of a move to a “rival”.

If McCasland leaves to SMU of all places, I maintain that I’m done. It’s literally not worth it, and there is no point in being a UNT fan if SMU can just moneywhip us that badly.

Texas Tech seems to be doing just fine with Texas money whipping their coach to Austin.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Dillon Lovelace, but thanks for playing.

No, he really did mean Brint Ryan there. He hasn’t done it lately but his last activity on Twitter was exactly what texx is describing. It’s somewhat accurate in describing Lovelace as well but lacking without mentioning the racist remarks.

And I thought you didn’t like people altering your posts with the “FIFY” style edits in quote replies.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is quite a leap.
Don't forget, Baker is a basketball guy.   He's the one who was able to pull McCasland from ARSt. originally.  I have no doubt that if McCasland leaves, Baker would have no problems identifying a replacement (if it's not Hodge, and if it's Hodge, I'm more than fine with that).

Look, it’s Mccasland or Benford. There are no in betweens in potential outcomes here.

• Haha 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Because we can lose the best coach in our history for no reason other than boomer money? FOH. Why would you want to gamble on finding someone better than Mac? Do you want Tony B again?

the confidence levels this board has in finding a replacement football coach vs a replacement basketball coach could not be further apart.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

I don't understand this rationale.  Anytime someone has the potential to triple their salary it would be professional malpractice not to at least entertain it.  It doesn't mean that its a "bad look" for UNT nor is it a bad thing for SMU if he's the guy.

Agreed. This is not a lateral move, anymore than the Teas Tech coach going to UT.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

No, he really did mean Brint Ryan there. He hasn’t done it lately but his last activity on Twitter was exactly what texx is describing. It’s somewhat accurate in describing Lovelace as well but lacking without mentioning the racist remarks.

And I thought you didn’t like people altering your posts with the “FIFY” style edits in quote replies.

Thanks for being there to correct me. I know I can count on you. 

• Upvote 3

• 11 months later...

Coach Mac’s decision with SMU last year did not surprise me at the time & is a reason I think he stays at UNT now. (To be honest, I think he can eventually do better than Texas Tech). 

One has to consider that what Mac decides on will be a family decision. Most of his family live in Denton & Denton County.  Mac is a PK (preacher’s kid) & grew up in a conservative Christian environment where money & fame are not god. 
••• I may eat crow with this, but I think he stays at UNT. His salary should dramatically be adjusted, though. 

(Weren’t the Mean Green great last night)?

GMG! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1