Mac to SMU???

Marty

3 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

I don’t get all the questions about fit.  If his dream school is Baylor as we all assume. There are more similarities between SMU and Baylor than Baylor and UNT.

Like what? Other than them being private? How in the world does being at SMU increase his odds of getting to Baylor? It's honestly probably equal to UNT and a bit farther a way with 100% way shitter school public options for his kids and about the same private school options. Or a really bad commute. SMU would be better off being in Fort Worth. Denton is is the clear winner here. ANd it's not like UNT couldn't pay him more.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Like what? Other than them being private? How in the world does being at SMU increase his odds of getting to Baylor? It's honestly probably equal to UNT and a bit farther a way with 100% way shitter school public options for his kids and about the same private school options. Or a really bad commute. SMU would be better off being in Fort Worth. Denton is is the clear winner here. ANd it's not like UNT couldn't pay him more.

highland park is not a bad public school to go to......... 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

No it's not, but is your family's quality of life really better making an extra million if your house costs an extra $2-5 million? 

SMU owns a few homes in University Park.  Sonny's house was a block off of Hillcrest and it was owned by the university.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Gotcha. You know, I hear UNT owns a few 3 bed/2.5 bath houses, I mean, estates for the headcoaches if they want it but ya know, McCasland just isn't that type of guy. Y'all should just start looking elsewhere.

3/2.5 is a solid floor plan!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clinetort said:

Who would they be holding out for?  Any idea?

Only thing I was told is there are two other candidates that have expressed interest in the job that would meet the "WOW" criteria (whatever that means).  Money may actually be the holdup there b/c I think that to get into that territory you're looking at north of $3m annually plus a significantly increased pool for the assistants.  Don't know if Miller et al. are willing to do that.