Mac to SMU???

Marty

8 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So to be clear, SMU is dissatisfied with their basketball coach because he won 24 games and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT? So to try to "clean up" their program they're going to go after a coach that won 25 games and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT? That 1 game holds a lot of weight, I guess. 

So none of you would consider going from making $700,000 to $2,200,000 as a step up?

I bet his W-2 would disagree with your assessments.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

So none of you would consider going from making $700,000 to $2,200,000 as a step up?

Most people have standards and loyalty. I absolutely would not take more money to leave UNT. 100% would never do that no matter what university offered. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 5

59 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Since the question is personal I can honestly say that it depends. I can live comfortably on an income of $700,000.  I am not a basketball coach but my loyalty to NT would be sufficient to decline the offer. McCasland is not in the same boat. 

All that being said I would hate for my alma mater to do to me what UTA did to Scott Cross.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Most people have standards and loyalty. I absolutely would not take more money to leave UNT. 100% would never do that no matter what university offered. 

Yes you would.  We all would.  That is lifestyle changing money.  These coaches do this b/c its a business.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Yes you would.  We all would.  That is lifestyle changing money.  These coaches do this b/c its a business.

You’d be lucky to land Andrew and while it would be a tough loss, I don’t think you all have the guts to put together an enticing package big enough to pry him loose. Prove me wrong, cowards. 

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

1.  You are just here stirring the pot, period.

2. It is sad that you all don't have a fan board where you can spend your time.  Instead, you come over here and reveal the fear you, your fans and your university have at the thought of North Texas passing you by.  The fear of a university in your backyard with the fourth highest enrollment in the state, and more alumni in the DFW market than your little old cheatin' university could provide in 100 years.  Thanks for coming on here and justifying that you think of us as a rival and a threat.

3.  Two million dollars for a career that will last a few years at your university because of the toxic culture doesn't provide the long-term security of 10+ years making a half a million less at a university with an administration that works well together and supports Coach McCasland, his family and his staff.

4.  SMU is only attractive to you and your fellow alumni that only know how to throw money at a problem instead of working through it.  Your "P5" comments further solidify your small man syndrome and lack of realization of where SMU falls in the pecking order of today's universities.  You blew your chance with the Death Penalty.  Your fellow conference foes, at the time, proved their loyalty to you and left you behind.  They aren't itching to invite you back now.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  You are just here stirring the pot, period.

2. It is sad that you all don't have a fan board where you can spend your time.  Instead, you come over here and reveal the fear you, your fans and your university have at the thought of North Texas passing you by.  The fear of a university in your backyard with the fourth highest enrollment in the state, and more alumni in the DFW market than your little old cheatin' university could provide in 100 years.  Thanks for coming on here and justifying that you think of us as a rival and a threat.

3.  Two million dollars for a career that will last a few years at your university because of the toxic culture doesn't provide the long-term security of 10+ years making a half a million less at a university with an administration that works well together and supports Coach McCasland, his family and his staff.

4.  SMU is only attractive to you and your fellow alumni that only know how to throw money at a problem instead of working through it.  Your "P5" comments further solidify your small man syndrome and lack of realization of where SMU falls in the pecking order of today's universities.  You blew your chance with the Death Penalty.  Your fellow conference foes, at the time, proved their loyalty to you and left you behind.  They aren't itching to invite you back now.

You mad bro?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

The worst part about DFW is the prevalence of the SMU guy who thinks his ill gotten gains from waltzing into a make-work position at his daddy’s firm is a sign of his natural abilities and skills. When in reality he is profoundly mediocre and replaceable and no amount of money will change that. Just like SMU athletics. 

• Upvote 1

Would be shocked Mc not going to a P5 of his liking. I also believe if he is in the running for a job that he wants,  he will get it. That makes me think he has already turned down other jobs. His personal presentation is just outstanding. We will pay in the top of the AAC salaries for a winner like Mc.

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1