Mac to SMU???

Marty

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We aren't even conference mates yet and these morons can't stay off our board.  I used to think I wanted to be in a conference with them, but not so much now.

It is sad they we are such a threat and a rival in their eyes that they can't stay away.

I'm still just shocked that they have actual fans...or people pretending to be.  Looking at their game attendance would lead you to believe otherwise.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We aren't even conference mates yet and these morons can't stay off our board.  I used to think I wanted to be in a conference with them, but not so much now.

It is sad they we are such a threat and a rival in their eyes that they can't stay away.

34-6-1.  I'm excited about UNT being in the AAC but for this thing to be a rivalry it would be nice for the game to be competitive at the start of the 4th quarter one of these years at Ford.

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Didn’t SMU have a good year? Why would they fire their coach?

Jank has been the HC at SMU for 6 seasons and the program is stuck in neutral.  He's also a terrible recruiter and has alienated all of the big money boosters.  He was told NCAA tourney or you're gone after last season.  He knew what he had to do to keep his job and didn't get it done.  See ya.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So to be clear, SMU is dissatisfied with their basketball coach because he won 24 games and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT? So to try to "clean up" their program they're going to go after a coach that won 25 games and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT? That 1 game holds a lot of weight, I guess. 

Love it!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So to be clear, SMU is dissatisfied with their basketball coach because he won 24 games and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT? So to try to "clean up" their program they're going to go after a coach that won 25 games and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT? That 1 game holds a lot of weight, I guess. 

Jank is the basketball version of June Jones

A coach that comes in after the previous big time cheating....starts to have some success....then SMU starts remembering how much they actually won while cheating and say "hey! why can't you win like the guys that were cheating! Our bar is higher than this!" So then they fire that coach. Quite the mindset on the Hilltop...

• Upvote 4

I think SMU could make a lot of sense for McCasland.  He wouldn't have to move his family and could have a better chance to move up to a P5 conference with SMU.  Plus our donors would make sure he is one of the highest paid coaches in the country and take good care of his assistants.  He has an obligation to look after his family and their best financial interests as well as his assistants. 

On a secondary note, UNT is basically in the same conference as SMU now so it would seem normal to see more of our fans on here and vice versa.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

20 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

could have a better chance to move up to a P5 conference with SMU. 

Like that last move up, AmIRight? AmIRight?!

He has an obligation to look after his family

He is in an income tier where he already has this covered.  I think at this point the next move will have to be a significant bump in money, or a move to a major (blue blood?) program.

We'll see.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I saw where the New Mexico State coach was hired by Mississippi State. Just guessing but I would think if  Mac is tempted to move it would be to a program in a major conference, not mid major. It is really hard to make the NCAA's in a one or two bid conference.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

I think SMU could make a lot of sense for McCasland.  He wouldn't have to move his family and could have a better chance to move up to a P5 conference with SMU.  Plus our donors would make sure he is one of the highest paid coaches in the country and take good care of his assistants.  He has an obligation to look after his family and their best financial interests as well as his assistants. 

On a secondary note, UNT is basically in the same conference as SMU now so it would seem normal to see more of our fans on here and vice versa.

The BB coaches salaries in the new AAC are going to be all over the board form low 6 figures to around the $1.8 m range. As we know the private schools do not publish. I could see Mc getting another raise maybe in the $1.2 range? I think just as important is facility upgrades. The Pit is going to be home for awhile, so practice gym, sport specific weight room, trainers room and rehab area should be done immediately. Welcome to our board.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

The BB coaches salaries in the new AAC are going to be all over the board form low 6 figures to around the $1.8 m range. As we know the private schools do not publish. I could see Mc getting another raise maybe in the $1.2 range? I think just as important is facility upgrades. The Pit is going to be home for awhile, so practice gym, sport specific weight room, trainers room and rehab area should be done immediately. Welcome to our board.

We need to get the AC expansion going yesterday. AAC is a big step up, and we need to be ready to compete. 

• Upvote 5