Thank You J.J. Murray

UNTLifer

Echoing what others have said, watching JJs journey from walk-on to 2x C-USA All-conference defensive team & starter was one of my favorite Mean Green stories ever.

I believe JJ was the soul of this team.  Losing him is going to leave a giant void in the hustle/hard-work leadership department.   

I hope the guys learned a lot from him & hope to see him around in the future!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Echoing what others have said, watching JJs journey from walk-on to 2x C-USA All-conference defensive team & starter was one of my favorite Mean Green stories ever.

I believe JJ was the soul of this team.  Losing him is going to leave a giant void in the hustle/hard-work leadership department.   

I hope the guys learned a lot from him & hope to see him around in the future!

I'm ignorant on how these things work, but what are the possibilities for him to join the staff? 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

First, he would have to want to join the staff, which I'm not sure he does.
But if he did, I believe McCasland sees a lot of himself in JJ, so I bet he'd have the opportunity as a GA.

I was under the impression that JJ hit pause on a 6-figure job offer to return this year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Murray may have the best story ever for a basketball player at NT.  Not recruited by anyone, walk on, bit player, and then starter.  

He and Bell will be hard to replace.  

Don't think McBride will be harder to keep than some others.  Ousmane is going to be the one that is most coveted by other teams.  

NT was supposed to be down after losing Hamlet and Reese, and got better.   Hope that can be repeated. 

• Upvote 1