Your favorite UNT logo?

Jonnyeagle

Your favorite UNT logo?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite UNT logo?

• Today

35 minutes ago, NT80 said:

img846-600x378.jpg

Thanks NT80. I've thought about having it repaired with the neck feathers for a man-cave decoration, but it really should be in the athletics collection, or even in a Denton sports bar. I just don't want it ever want it thrown out by people that don't recognize it's significance. This was the image that tens of thousands had of North Texas sports for decades.

It's one of the few North Texas collectible I own that wasn't a surprise gift from the Bride.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ADLER said:

Thanks NT80. I've thought about having it repaired with the neck feathers for a man-cave decoration, but it really should be in the athletics collection, or even in a Denton sports bar. I just don't want it ever want it thrown out by people that don't recognize it's significance. This was the image that tens of thousands had of North Texas sports for decades.

It's one of the few North Texas collectible I own that wasn't a surprise gift from the Bride.

Do you have the neck feathers too?  That would make an awesome man-cave decoration.  That Eagle was either taken down (when Mean Green started being the marketed nickname) or covered over by pressbox signage toward the end of Fout's life (photo). 

It is a significant piece of NT Athletics memorabilia.  Unfortunately the school hasn't saved much over the years, usually because we keep changing administrators and each staff has their own agenda. 

Beware of donating it.  It will fall into the hands of underling AD's (who have no loyalty to NT...it's only a job) and they will bury it or put it where they want it (if they want it at all).  I gave things, and regretted some of it later.  I was told much stuff gets donated by spouses after fans die, but it's too much for the AD to store so a lot gets tossed or sold off.  Unless some fan's complained about it, like the Fouts deco facades, much of our past architecture, court or field logos, etc were lost.   

DtBUy8zVsAArfEO-copy-1-680x365_c.jpg

• Upvote 4

I like today’s diving eagle, I just wish it didn’t so closely resemble  Philadelphia’s diving eagle.  I know it’s different, but the common person doesn’t always see the difference. 

The interlocking NT is sweet, but I got burned out on it due to last season. 

I don’t mind the script North Texas, but I think it’s because that’s what was used when I attended. 

The flying worm is a GREAT retro look. I regret not buying the polo a couple of years back. GMG!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ADLER said:

I love the cartoonist Bill McClanahan's 1948 scrappy eagle. It was the first time that North Texas was included with the "big boys" of college football and the winning teams caused us to quickly outgrow Eagle Stadium on campus where the Willis Library is now located.

Here is a desk statuary of the McClanahan Eagle and the iconic 1960's NTSU bobblehead based on it, posted in front of the huge head of the Eagle that adorned Fouts Field stadium for decades.

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2 - Mean Green Football -  GoMeanGreen.com

Like it!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, ADLER said:

Harrison Ford That Belongs In A Museum GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 8:16 PM, ADLER said:

I love the cartoonist Bill McClanahan's 1948 scrappy eagle. It was the first time that North Texas was included with the "big boys" of college football and the winning teams caused us to quickly outgrow Eagle Stadium on campus where the Willis Library is now located.

Here is a desk statuary of the McClanahan Eagle and the iconic 1960's NTSU bobblehead based on it, posted in front of the huge head of the Eagle that adorned Fouts Field stadium for decades.

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2 - Mean Green Football -  GoMeanGreen.com

Are you telling us that this.........

Image result for "scrappy"  images of university of north texas mascot

was created in 1948? I was told a long time ago that Bill McClanahan drew it, but I could never find out a date. What is your source?

On 3/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, SilverEagle said:

The Original Cartoon Scrappy (50's-60's). Dad bod, but lots of attitude.

image.jpeg.e0a1a3de27b04fc84fe5c904462040c6.jpeg

My favorite Clip Art Scrappy. Very muscular and LOTS of attitude.

image.jpeg.79489d15e3fe270ea45ad04e5c25a4d3.jpeg

I'd pay serious coin for some tees with these logos on them. I'll take flying worm too, but we have seen that in print a little more the last few years.