Beat Virginia!!!

ADLER

2 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

I am ready for a Western Sons Vodka tailgate. If we get to host the next game and it could happen, I’ll chip in for the tailgate. 

Oklahoma’s second round National Invitational Tournament game against St. Bonaventure is set for a 7 p.m. tipoff on Sunday, March 20 in Norman, it was announced Wednesday.

If we beat Virginia (a big challenge) and St. Bonaventure also beats Oklahoma (another big challenge), we will host St. Bonaventure at the Super Pit. If this happens, I will gladly match your contribution to the Western Sons tailgate.

Anyone else up to this challenge?

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

A downvote?

Several unaffiliated to UNT visit Harry’s board often, DeepG.  

Actually,I wish UAB would have joined the Sun Belt & La Tech would be AAC-bound instead. The Bulldogs are a classier group who don’t take a 2 year break from athletics when the going gets tough.  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, ADLER said:

If we beat Virginia (a big challenge) and St. Bonaventure also beats Oklahoma (another big challenge), we will host St. Bonaventure at the Super Pit. If this happens, I will gladly match your contribution to the Western Sons tailgate.

Anyone else up to this challenge?

I don’t want to jinx things, so I will hold off on committing to anything beyond tomorrow.  

With that said, is anyone up for an impromptu tailgate before tomorrow’s game?  @ADLER?  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Several unaffiliated to UNT visit Harry’s board often, DeepG.  

Actually,I wish UAB would have joined the Sun Belt & La Tech would be AAC-bound instead. The Bulldogs are a classier group who don’t take a 2 year break from athletics when the going gets tough.  

🦅

The "going gets tough " comment is inappropriate . The Board of The University of Alabama controls the purse strings to UAB, and never supported their establishment of a football program. A few years ago Bear Bryant's son became chairman of the U of A Board and under his leadership eliminated Blazer football due to budgetary concerns. The biggest sticking point was their use of Legion Field, part of which was condemned as unsafe to use by the city. [My son is a UAB graduate and Legion Field made Foutts Field look like Jerry World]. At any rate , the UAB Administration got up in arms and with support of the Birmingham business community and the city itself, they were able have the U of A Board reverse its previous decision .By then Bear Jr had rolled off the U of A Board and UAB  had a beautiful new stadium . {I think the city of Birmingham actually owns the stadium but am not sure. My son and I are attending the UNT/UAB game in October in order to see the new stadium] Regarding La. Tech being a classier act, they snubbed their noses at ULL and ULM, and even refused to play Monroe in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport about a decade ago.  As a result, when the Sun Belt recently expanded their spokesperson said that the Belt already had two teams in Louisiana and a third would be redundant. Pay back can be a real bitch.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t want to jinx things, so I will hold off on committing to anything beyond tomorrow.  

With that said, is anyone up for an impromptu tailgate before tomorrow’s game?  @ADLER?  

Yeah, you know I'm always game for any pregame tailgate.

Then again, so is just about everybody on this message board. 

The NIT does not allow beer sales within the even. Maybe we could all bring cases of beer (cans only) to the exterior pavilion outside the Super Pit Gate E. 

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Yeah, you know I'm always game for any pregame tailgate.

Then again, so is just about everybody on this message board. 

The NIT does not allow beer sales within the even. Maybe we could all bring cases of beer 9cans only) to the exterior pavilion outside the Super Pit Gate E. 

Ok, I’ll be out there at 2:30 tomorrow

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

OK, Spontaneous Impromptu Tailgate Party on the Super Pit exterior Concourse NW Corner at 2:30 PM.

OK, everybody bring a case or two of Bud or Bud Light (you guys know I always have to plug our sponsors) and let's get ready for some Mean Green basketball!

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1