Will UVA be the highest attended game ever?

Jonnyeagle

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I'd hope so!  Obviously given the opponent, and situation, I wish we could draw more, but I think the quick turnaround will prevent an attendance in the 8-9K range.

I’m not so sure. The CBI games were a quick turnaround and we were up above 6,000 for that last one. This is a whole different level. Importance and opponent. 

• Upvote 3

I wish Dentonites realized just how special it is to have the opportunity to attend UNT sporting events in general, and that the fans specifically show up in huge numbers for this really special event against a recent Power-5 national champion - this does not happen often (ever?).  I truly miss attending UNT sports games. I attended nearly every game, football and basketball, from 2005 to 2011 when I attended UNT. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

21 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The age old question of exactly what games are being played with ticket availability. 

I know we saw this with the Frisco Bowl, but if we are doing this within athletic departments ....I will not understand why.

Our athletic department should not adopt the role of second-hand/off-market/whatever, where you try and manipulate and profit as much as possible.

I wouldn't be happy.

Edited by greenminer

40 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I know we saw this with the Frisco Bowl, but if we are doing this within athletic departments ....I will not understand why.

Our athletic department should not adopt the role of second-hand/off-market/whatever where you try and manipulate and profit as much as possible.

I wouldn't be happy.

I believe these graphics.   Unlike a bowl game, none of our tickets have been pre-sold to several ticket brokers.  There is literally ZERO reasons for us to show a ticket as unavailable when it could be sold.

I swear, the battered person syndrome of our fan base where we refuse to believe good things is astounding. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

First round of the NIT games rarely sell well because of the quick turnaround.  Second Round and especially Quarterfinal games usually have much better attendance, the kind you'd expect for a big game.

Semis and Finals usually are pretty sparse unless a team near NYC makes it.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2