Virginia (3/20/22)

Big Z

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

huh. I always thought it dated back to Thomas Jefferson (given UVA's history).

Jefferson was known to say "wahoo" every time Martha didn't catch him, pants unzipped, walking back from Sally's quarters. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Gulf Coast Hoo said:

Agreed.  That’s the most visited board, but I told the board host 15 years ago that format is outdated and terrible.  15 years ago.

This is my favorite UVa board.

https://virginia.forums.lockerroomaccess.com

I feel you. We know all about things not changing for multiple decades. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

OT: where on the web can I find future schedule/opponents? Any help would be appreciated.  All I'd really like is 2022-2023.

Unfortunately it’s just much harder to see for college basketball. D1Docket does a good job of compiling agreed non-con games into a spreadsheet but they only have this season.

We have a home and home with Nevada set to be a return game next season but the original game scheduled for Denton this fall got cancelled. Not sure if they do Denton next fall or the fall after. Would think we’ll still go to UTA. And we go down to the wire every year with releasing our non-con schedule.

https://d1docket.blogspot.com/?m=1

• Upvote 5

No exaggeration this time, but I do think you can make the case this is the biggest game we've played this season (even counting the CUSA tournament).  Obviously the game to clinch the league regular season was huge, but should we win over a recent NCAA champ, with big crowd in a tournament with as much history as the NIT, that's a much bigger deal than many think it is.  Would arguably our biggest home win since we had to win the old SLC tournament at home with a chance to go to the Big Dance on the line in the 80s.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, CMJ said:

No exaggeration this time, but I do think you can make the case this is the biggest game we've played this season (even counting the CUSA tournament).  Obviously the game to clinch the league regular season was huge, but should we win over a recent NCAA champ, with big crowd in a tournament with as much history as the NIT, that's a much bigger deal than many think it is.  Would arguably our biggest home win since we had to win the old SLC tournament at home with a chance to go to the Big Dance on the line in the 80s.

I would add to that, a win here would really negate any anti-UNT talk from the other bubble teams that actually got an AL bid.  Lots of talk about how we didn't beat anyone meaningful and struggled vs TxState.  I'm specifically looking at those IU fans that just watched their team get blasted by St. Mary's.  We all know that SM's is good, but losing by nearly 30 didn't do them any favors.

We need to do our part, continue to validate ourselves, and represent CUSA now that UAB has been knocked out.

IMO This season, moreso than any other year, has really hammered home how important every single OOC opportunity is to improve how people view us and our conference.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1