Green Brigade Pep Band

LongJim

This is not a gripe, but I felt like UNT's pep band got overshadowed by Texas State's band last night.  That should NEVER happen.  TSU did have a bigger band, and were augmented by low brass that UNT didn't have, but I thought they were tighter and it just wasn't UNT's best showing. 

On the bright side, UNT's cheer and pom >> TSU's.  Felt kind of bad for TSU regarding that aspect of the presentation.

This is important stuff.  Worthy of concern.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, LongJim said:

This is not a gripe, but I felt like UNT's pep band got overshadowed by Texas State's band last night.  That should NEVER happen.  TSU did have a bigger band, and were augmented by low brass that UNT didn't have, but I thought they were tighter and it just wasn't UNT's best showing. 

On the bright side, UNT's cheer and pom >> TSU's.  Felt kind of bad for TSU regarding that aspect of the presentation.

I think they got bit by the Spring Break bug. Band seemed smaller than normal.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, LongJim said:

As much as the marching band has improved for FB games, the basketball band has gotten worse. I mean we can't be good in football and basketball at the same time, in sports or in music. Don't be greedy 😅

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

As much as the marching band has improved for FB games, the basketball band has gotten worse. I mean we can't be good in football and basketball at the same time, in sports or in music. Don't be greedy 😅

My gripe with the basketball band is that they've been playing the exact same set list for the last 15 years.  I think their issues the last couple years (edit: WEEKS, not years) have been spring break and Green Brigade Ireland trip related.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

LJ, might one reason be is that the fabulous 400+ member UNT Green Bride Marching Band  are in ☘️Ireland🇮🇪as we post?  They’ve been serenading small towns in Ireland before they join the big festival in Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow. I read their website & those kids are having the time of their lives over there. 

4911C886-BE66-4C49-818A-EED08C67589C.jpeg.87fa1ab5cac11a7c6615ce7b595eff3e.jpeg6E495649-0F61-4FCA-98F8-6C6E55F6B84B.jpeg.1d14eb793b08f2bc2d010f57b1d78e77.jpeg

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

LJ, might one reason be is that the fabulous 400+ member UNT Green Bride Marching Band  are in ☘️Ireland🇮🇪as we post?  They’ve been serenading small towns in Ireland before they join the big festival in Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow. I read their website & those kids are having the time of their lives over there. 

4911C886-BE66-4C49-818A-EED08C67589C.jpeg.87fa1ab5cac11a7c6615ce7b595eff3e.jpeg6E495649-0F61-4FCA-98F8-6C6E55F6B84B.jpeg.1d14eb793b08f2bc2d010f57b1d78e77.jpeg

GMG!

My premise is that there has to be a number of the MG Basketball Pep Band among this group?

Damn proud of these kids!  
 ❇️☘️❇️👍👍

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Been following Southwest Texas State LBJ U progress the last 2 1/2 decades & during that time they seem to have been copycatting UNT in almost every department post Jitter Nolan/ Fry era & their comparative stats might surprise a few.  

I know you can find polls that rank your school better than others in what sometimes could be a strange criteria. One that you say….OK🙄………but this one in the link surprised me some. https://www.collegefactual.com/majors/visual-and-performing-arts/music/rankings/top-ranked/southwest/texas/

The San Marcos school has not yet touchéd on jazz studies, but they are aggressive enough to do that one day.  ••• They did put a Texas Music Museum on their campus during a time we sat around talking about all these athletic conferences we were going to dominate.😦
In Track & Field some would call us TSU-SM’s rabbitt to keep up with & (I’m afraid) maybe even pass us in some areas.
••• At one time years ago their financial endowment had passed ours.  I haven’t checked it lately, though. 

••• How long did it take Bobcat Country to catch up to UNT with the Carnegie Tier 1 status designation?  I can only guess it wasn’t long. 

The life lesson for UNT is that we can’t sit still for long in Texas higher education or we might start hearing another Beep! Beep! in the distance.😳  

🦅We should all appreciate even more what Neil Smatresk & Wren Baker pulled off with that American Athletic Conference invite  (& that was really a big time win for our school). Hope we don’t blow it. 

☘️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

One basic thing that I'd like our pep band to learn is that during a timeout, ALL BRASS INSTRUMENTS ARE POINTED DIRECTLY AT THE COACH OF THE OTHER TEAM WHILE HE'S MEETING WITH HIS PLAYERS. BLAST HIM!

YOU NEVER LET THEM TALK WITH THEIR TEAM UNENCUMBERED!!!

Give 'Em Hell Pep Band!!!

• Upvote 4

Now my apologies if i get anything wrong here but this is the same energy coming from people who do not even show up to Women's Basketball games and leave it up to the Pep Band to be the only support there. I was dissappointed at the WNIT starter at how not even the cheerleaders and audience were showing the same amount of excitment/support as they had that exact same week at the Men's NIT starter, now why is that? 🧐 it's the same sport and both teams have done phenomenal this season so there really is no excuse to not be there for them. Not to mention audience numbers during Winter Break for both teams were in the depths of rock bottom but who was still there showing support? oh yeah the Pep Band.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1