Perry responds to disgruntled UNT fan

Tylor was definitely struggling with something. The most critical I was were a few of his late 2H possessions where he wanted very late shot clock deep contested 3s. We know he makes those, but they're definitely a gamble I'd rather not take.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

23 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Wright is a big, athletic guy who we could use every now and then but he seemed a little over the place when he got in. I don't know if it was rust or what.

Chris M is another guy who was a good recruiting win. He has size and comes from a winning HS program.

Stone only lost 4 HS games in 4 years of playing varsity. I don't know if his game would translate but some guys are just winners. I could only find detailed freshman and sophomore stats on him but in those 2 seasons, he shot around 38% from 3. Looks like junior year he averaged 17ppg and 10 boards per game. Doubt he'll rebound like that in college but again, some guys just find ways to win (see Fine).

Next year will tell us if the staff can develop talent (see Ousmane) or if they're going to depend on game ready JUCO transfers to be successful. I hope we see more Ousmane type development instead of going heavy on JUCOs.

I agree. I have heard nothing on the recruiting front of interest which is a little concerning. 

Wright like Stone and Browne has looked a little confused on the court when they did play. To me that’s coaching. If the focus all practice is on the same 7 guys that’s concerning fro a development standpoint. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I mean, on the site, on the podcast, on the spaces, we said that the 7-man rotation has some vulnerabilities. When someone is struggling -- v Tech, v State, etc -- there is little to no option. 

Perry, normally our primary scorer (especially late in the clock) was 0-3. I disagree with the "he was just facilitating for others" because up to that point, that wasn't necessarily the case. 

He had looks he normally takes, but wasn't. The other aspect, was that he was getting cooked on defense for a stretch. They targeted him. NT does a good job of helping off and supporting that --- Tech coach Eric Konkol told me how NT does a good job always having a man in the paint etc -- and lots of teams will try to target our wings. 

"Take him out" -- by itself, that is obviously a silly thing to suggest. "Take him out, as he is not playing as well as he normally does, and is possibly hurting us" -- in context, this makes more sense. 

But yeah, there was no one to put in. And for various reasons the staff built the team that way. As I said on the show, it is hard to argue with the results -- 25 wins, etc -- but it remains a vulnerability and took a supreme effort to stave off a loss. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Except for players on the home sideline at Apogee, you didn’t seem to have a problem talking trash to them.

Why do you keep associating me with William. I don’t single out dudes like that, mainly when I’m literally 5 feet away.

No need to lol

I speak abroad, and you weren’t even next to me, so how would you know??

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Why do you keep associating me with William. I don’t single out dudes like that, mainly when I’m literally 5 feet away.

No need to lol

I speak abroad, and you weren’t even next to me, so how would you know??

You said yourself you were shouting at players, whether broadly or not, they snapped back.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, Rudy said:

For those of us on a work computer and unable to access twatter, what was said?

This guy posts.

mnfhgdgQ_normal.jpg

Mr. Failure

@MG_BBallReport
I’m not sure why Perry is in the game at this point. He’s not right.

And Tylor replies.
Lmaooooo I love guys like you
Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Tylor,   I don’t see the guy’s comment about you at that time as meant to be a cut.  In every tough situation I’ve ever been in you do keep an eye on your own crew for hurts and possible injuries. Some guys try too hard to  force themselves past their own red line and need to stop and catch a breath.

• Upvote 2

On 3/16/2022 at 12:31 AM, aztecskin said:

This is why you should try to know what you are talking about if you are going to say something. 

I thought the tweet was a good one, because Perry was getting roasted on defense, and at that point was 0-5 with four fouls and a turnover. Not exactly his best self. 

If it takes him roasted every single one of you for your tweets to win the NIT, then you better get a-tweetin'

To be fair to MGBBReport, the stuff he was saying wasn't that far off at the point in the game he posted. But a quick way to get snapped back at is if you only focus on the bad and hardly the good like MGBBReport did.  

On 3/16/2022 at 10:49 AM, aztecskin said:

I think it is silly for Tylor to read social after the game. Again, I don't think the tweet was a bad one. 

If you are thinking "shouldn't criticize the players" or whatever, fine. The tweet was criticizing the coach. It's a decent question to ask--  Tylor Perry was struggling compared to his previous performances and we are paying for the coach to make decisions and things so.... "why is Perry playing at this point?" is a question and criticism of Mac. 

Yeah, I think it was kind of silly for Tylor to snap back. Even Coach 'Reem retweeted about how you have to block out that outside noise and focus on you like Mac tells them to do all of the time. Your snap back should be on the court.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, jdennis82 said:

Takeaway: Of course an 18-24 year old student is going to read what's posted online about them.

Keep in mind while using this site.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:06 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I know for a fact players read this board, all sports.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:05 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Ditto.  

Potential UNT recruits read GMG, too.  

On 3/18/2022 at 9:47 AM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Coaches and administrators too

I know that a lot of fans read these boards at all hours. You know, just to see what's being said about what they said. 

• Upvote 1