SWT / NTSU Game thoughts from fanboard

Skipper

https://maroonandgolden.com/forum/index.php?threads/tournament-thread-nit.1652/

Agreed. Last minute of the game:
Mason misses front of a one and one.
They hit a contested 3.
We ally oop.
They hit a wild 3 while getting fouled.
They miss FT and Asberry flies in for the rebound that takes him OB.
They make a good one on one bucket.
We break press easy but is in Cesar’s hands and goes 1/2 at the line.
We get defense Reb but then tie up.
A bogus foul on a 3.
TJ draws up an incredible 2.5 second play from the far end.

I don’t know what TJ has to do with any of those scenarios. Mix of not good FT, a wild made 3, two Asberry rebounds that are essentially turnovers and a phantom 3pt foul.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Tylor sold that foul for sure but was just giving TXST some of their own medicine.

I don't think I'm being biased here, and though our team is not perfect, I have to say you don't really see anyone in green ever flopping -- whether it's on a 3-point attempt or embellishing an opponent's screen or post moves.

Meanwhile other teams we've faced, not just TXST, seem like they are coached into selling phantom fouls. I noticed their short guy, #12, multiple times twitching his head back like he got elbowed or something.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Tylor sold that foul for sure but was just giving TXST some of their own medicine.

I don't think I'm being biased here, and though our team is not perfect, I have to say you don't really see anyone in green ever flopping -- whether it's on a 3-point attempt or embellishing an opponent's screen or post moves.

Meanwhile other teams we've faced, not just TXST, seem like they are coached into selling phantom fouls. I noticed their short guy, #12, multiple times twitching his head back like he got elbowed or something.

The most frustrating thing for me was watching TXSt continually move on their high screens.  
JJ, Drez, Rubin, & Tylor slip, or push through those high screens all the time, against everyone else.  But they kept getting picked off yesterday by moving screens.  Coach was lighting up the refs about it too!

• Upvote 4