I Hope You All Realize

4 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I think the most disapointing antics were the green clothed fans who got up and left with just under a minute in the game.  It goes to show how much we aren't a basketball school when so many fans are like "well we're down by more than one posession with under 60 seconds on the clock... see ya!"

Gotta beat that UNT traffic!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

This is silly, but when I saw fans leaving the game when we were down 8 with a few minutes left, I thought to myself “it sure would be funny if they left and we came back and won”

Yeah we might have a mediocre fan base, but the ones that invest, like most on here, are what make UNT athletics great and always fun to go to. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

This is silly, but when I saw fans leaving the game when we were down 8 with a few minutes left, I thought to myself “it sure would be funny if they left and we came back and won”

Yeah we might have a mediocre fan base, but the ones that invest, like most on here, are what make UNT athletics great and always fun to go to. 

Reminded me of watching fans walk out of Apogee just before The Drive.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

that you're all pretty much just the worst fans. nay...people. the worst people. 

what is it that you expected tonight? it's March...this is exactly what meaningful basketball games in March look like. 

what is it you think you're entitled to? a 20 point win just because it's a lesser conference team? I'm pretty sure Purdue thought that last year, too. 

the posts in tonight's game thread are some of the most embarrassing, myopic and just plain ignorant I've read in 15 years on this board. yes...this team has flaws...we're a bad free throw shooting team, our offense can bog down, we play a super short bench...hell...in my 20-ish years following UNT basketball, this team in terms of actual basketball talent might not crack the top 10...

well this flawed, under-talented team set multiple school records, was a legit top 75 program, got more national publicity than we have since I've known where UNT was located, was legitimately in a conversation for an at-large bid, and, win or lose tonight, just treated all you to an NIT classic, hosted on our home floor...and, as they have multiple times this year, won in clutch style. 

and how do you privileged asshats respond? that because TSU is in the Sun Belt (a conference we were slightly better than mediocre in not ten years ago) a loss would set the program back 20 years? I really hope we just burn tonight's game thread. 

this thread was going up win or lose. I get having passion...I get being caught up in emotion...but the overall lack of perspective from tonight's game thread is some of the most cringe-worthy shit ever posted on GMG. and unlike Grant, there is a deeeeeeeep bench for shit on GMG. 

Great post about the team and what we've enjoyed this season. Although now, even though I didn't want to read the game thread, I kind of have to? Thanks a lot for that.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

that you're all pretty much just the worst fans. nay...people. the worst people. 

what is it that you expected tonight? it's March...this is exactly what meaningful basketball games in March look like. 

what is it you think you're entitled to? a 20 point win just because it's a lesser conference team? I'm pretty sure Purdue thought that last year, too. 

the posts in tonight's game thread are some of the most embarrassing, myopic and just plain ignorant I've read in 15 years on this board. yes...this team has flaws...we're a bad free throw shooting team, our offense can bog down, we play a super short bench...hell...in my 20-ish years following UNT basketball, this team in terms of actual basketball talent might not crack the top 10...

well this flawed, under-talented team set multiple school records, was a legit top 75 program, got more national publicity than we have since I've known where UNT was located, was legitimately in a conversation for an at-large bid, and, win or lose tonight, just treated all you to an NIT classic, hosted on our home floor...and, as they have multiple times this year, won in clutch style. 

and how do you privileged asshats respond? that because TSU is in the Sun Belt (a conference we were slightly better than mediocre in not ten years ago) a loss would set the program back 20 years? I really hope we just burn tonight's game thread. 

this thread was going up win or lose. I get having passion...I get being caught up in emotion...but the overall lack of perspective from tonight's game thread is some of the most cringe-worthy shit ever posted on GMG. and unlike Grant, there is a deeeeeeeep bench for shit on GMG. 

Denzel Washington Yes GIF by SAG Awards

I agree.  I had to watch the game after it was over due to a prior commitment and then started reading the thread.    This is spot on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, texx2818 said:

I mean UNT was 8.5 point favorites. It had no business being this close. Amazing win nonetheless and I’ll accept my personal L.

I read multiple articles prior to the game that said they thought we would win, but to take TSU and the points.  I liked TSU and like their coach.  The guys calling the game mentioned his story and how he was at a middle school just a few years ago, came to TSU after a mess and turned them around.  I wish we would continue the series.  Fun game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1