Bentley in the transfer portal

Big Z

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Sucks to lose him, but a big transfer likely to sign is probably the cause. Pick him up if you can, but he expects to be in a top conference

You guys are amazing. You loved your coach until it seemed he was leaving. Then he was never really the reason you improved. Loved your RB ......

Note to those who sign with smu - They will tell you they support you, but facts are facts. Many of the Booster$ Only care for what you do on the field - If you were not an athlete thy would not give you the time of day

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You guys are amazing. You loved your coach until it seemed he was leaving. Then he was never really the reason you improved. Loved your RB ......

Note to those who sign with smu - They will tell you they support you, but facts are facts. Many of the Booster$ Only care for what you do on the field - If you were not an athlete thy would not give you the time of day

We have several here who do the same thing.  Just head over to any thread that mentions the Murphy twins.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We have several here who do the same thing.  Just head over to any thread that mentions the Murphy twins.

That point, yes. But the twins would have been welcomed at UNT even if they were not athletes. Just have a hard time believing a lot of smu supporters would even show a lot of these kids the time of day if they could not play.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

That point, yes. But the twins would have been welcomed at UNT even if they were not athletes. Just have a hard time believing a lot of smu supporters would even show a lot of these kids the time of day if they could not play.

Extremely presumptuous and a lazy take.

SMU's Life After Ball program was literally built by boosters and alumni to assist football student-athletes with landing internships and entry level positions in the Dallas area.  This is regardless of whether the player is a starter or the last guy on the bench.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, SMU2006 said:

SMU's Life After Ball program was literally built by boosters and alumni to assist football student-athletes with landing internships and entry level positions in the Dallas area.  This is regardless of whether the player is a starter or the last guy on the bench.

Has Trey Siggurs received a medical redshirt?

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

It is honorable to help former athletes find their way in the working world but I think he was referring to if they weren’t athletes at all and just part of the general student population. 

I believe what he is trying to ask is if these guys would’ve welcomed Bentley into their circle as a regular student coming to SMU from C.E. King high school.wat.0.gif

To be clear, I am trying to clarify what I believe he meant and not making any specific judgments about the SMU student population.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SMU2006 said:

Agreed on it being a lazy take but you need to come clean on the fact that kid was a cancer in the locker-room.  You are correct the Life After Ball program is fantastic at SMU and essentially promises a student athlete a "lifetime" of employment and support.  The PhD lady running the program is a former athlete and extremely impressive.  UNT could gain from adding a program like this.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Odd response. I haven't said anything negative about Bentley. Great back. Once you see this transfer, if he signs, you'll understand. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

54 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

It is honorable to help former athletes find their way in the working world but I think he was referring to if they weren’t athletes at all and just part of the general student population. 

I believe what he is trying to ask is if these guys would’ve welcomed Bentley into their circle as a regular student coming to SMU from C.E. King high school.wat.0.gif

To be clear, I am trying to clarify what I believe he meant and not making any specific judgments about the SMU student population.

Again, highly presumptuous and lazy but hey lets zoom in on a group of 20 frat dudes at a football game and flick some boogers right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Again, highly presumptuous and lazy but hey lets zoom in on a group of 20 frat dudes at a football game and flick some boogers right?

I think ESPN did the zooming, I just shared the first gif from a google image search for the term “SMU fans”. That’s not me flicking boogers, that is what ESPN and Google see as your fanbase. Don’t get fussy with me, get fussy with Google, ESPN, or the frat dudes representing your university on national television.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, dodgefan said:

National Recruiting experts claim, Bentley is leaving partly because SMU is getting a 5 star running back transfer from Alabama. Can't remember his name, but was a Dallas kid.

Yes, Camar Wheaton.  It isn't official but he'll be enrolling at SMU this summer.  He was the top running back recruit in the nation for 2020 and is best buds with 4 star freshman QB Preston Stone.

Camar got injured very early in fall camp in Tuscaloosa and never really got comfortable there.  The talent is undeniable.  Hopefully being around family and friends will allow him to tap into his natural abilities.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, dodgefan said:

National Recruiting experts claim, Bentley is leaving partly because SMU is getting a 5 star running back transfer from Alabama. Can't remember his name, but was a Dallas kid.

If he really signs, and if he's really recovered from his injury (both SMU and Alabama sides believe both to be true) it could be a program-transforming event.  I highly recommend it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

If he really signs, and if he's really recovered from his injury (both SMU and Alabama sides believe both to be true) it could be a program-transforming event.  I highly recommend it. 

Nothing is done until its done but its at the proverbial 1 yard line.  He's told all other schools that reached out to him when he entered the portal that he's going to SMU.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2