NCAA Talk Superthread

greenminer

Well, everyone I know wanted to talk Gonzaga and Arizona going down.  That and Duke continuing on.  Didn't even hear the Nova game mentioned.  And last night's wrap up show on CBS Sports Network even joked about that Villanova's win MIGHT make the highlights.

UNC and UCLA played a helluva game.  Bruins coulda put their foot on Carolina's throat with a few minutes  to go, but once Carolina tied it with 90 seconds or s (on a second chance three - offensive rebounds killed UCLA), I knew they were winning.

I hope St. Pete's can beat UNC.  On my personal hate scale, only Kentucky rates higher.

I generally think the Sweet 16 is about where strength of conference ends and after that it's more strength of individual teams (like say, just because Baylor won the title last season doesn't mean the Big XII was the best league).  But that's still hilarious.

17 hours ago, greenminer said:

I want Villa to win the whole thing, but if KU can carry that level of play from the 2H through the rest of the tourney, then I don’t see anyone stopping them

EDIT: KU would be my second choice for champion.

Me too.  Gonna be tough for Nova with Moore out.  

Guess I'm the only one here not a fan of Coach K. Of course they'll let him go out on top. Final Four match-up against UNC will be the icing on top. Duke will pull it out in overtime.

I was much more intrigued with last year's finalists, 3 of the last 4 teams vying for their first national championship. This year's line-up is disappointing.

If I had to choose, my preference of winners would be North Carolina, Villanova, Kansas, Duke.

Wooden seems to have been similarly hated in his time, but the sport was just really becoming what it is in popularity near the end of his tenure.  Other coaches clearly resented his holier than though, saintly persona while the UCLA boosters were obviously dirty as all hell.  Of course all the big schools were playing dirty back then, just like they all bend the rules now.