Texas State (3/15/22)

CMJ

1 minute ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Is the next game on a Saturday or a Sunday asking for a lot of friends and a crow. 😉

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!
(Four Actually)

The NIT hasn't announced yet.  Probably won't till tomorrow night after UVA and MSU play.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

This team clawed out that win from the literal abyss of defeat. There were some lucky breaks there too.

I don't know what Mac has to do to get these guys mentally right. It's clear they are still not all there from missing the NCAA Tourney, but whatever he does he better get to doing it. Our shooting has been poor, and for once our defense has been bad. I don't think we have left so many backdoor cuts open all year. 

I’m not sure if Perry needs more confidence or less confidence but which ever it is I hope it gets there and works out. He was key to our teams success during our conference run but tonight it felt like he was forcing it (still had a few clutch free throws). We need his chin up and his game on point. Hopefully he isn’t injured. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

It’s pitiful watching us on the fast break. We cannot even do it because our offense has been so slow all season. We cannot even convert on a 3-1 break….

I wonder about the energy it takes to play defensively like that and then pivot to focus offensively - it seems it’s a give -and-take…

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I’m not sure if Perry needs more confidence or less confidence but which ever it is I hope it gets there and works out. He was key to our teams success during our conference run but tonight it felt like he was forcing it (still had a few clutch free throws). We need his chin up and his game on point. Hopefully he isn’t injured. 

He needed more confidence tonight. Clearly got in his own head last Friday and was still in it today. He needs to remember everybody goes through slumps in life. Not just basketball, but just in general adult life. Shooters shoot. You won't always hit your target but you have to stay aggressive in everything you do. Once he made that first 3, it was on. I think he'll be back to normal next game. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, Andrew said:

Hopefully the injury had nothing to do with it. Outside of something physical I feel like it's mental. He just wants to contribute so bad that with each miss he is digging himself deeper and deeper in a hole. He just needs to stay loose, if I was on the staff I'd tell him to shoot with no pressure, if he misses no big deal, he'll get another or someone else will make a play. It's a team sport, lean on your teammates. 

• Upvote 7