Texas State (3/15/22)

CMJ

It’s quite irritating that Mac can chew out his guys up and down but then rolls the same crew and mentality right back out on the floor. Make a change Coach. Do something because regardless of what happens it ain’t currently working. Guys missing shots and struggling on D. Hard to get worse. Make a change. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Andrew said:

It’s quite irritating that Mac can chew out his guys up and down but then rolls the same crew and mentality right back out on the floor. Make a change Coach. Do something because regardless of what happens it ain’t currently working. Guys missing shots and struggling on D. Hard to get worse. Make a change. 

I agree Andrew, i think it would have been interesting to see Mac change it up for 5-10 minutes of this game and just let them run. it's the NIT, might as well try something new

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

If only you were allowed to recruit well AND coach well

Give me a Mac/Benford hybrid. I do wonder what some of those guys might of thought of Mavs system though. Chris Jones and Benford had issue. I could imagine the same with Mac. Not sure he gets Tony Mitchel any further either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, texx2818 said:

I’m just convinced that UNT will never get over the hump in literally any sport.

We are getting over humps.  We are past the Benford era. We have surpassed the JJ area.  The next hump is pretty big, though: Grant needs to milk more out of our current athletes, and/or recruit guys that higher level programs are looking at.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I’m just convinced that UNT will never get over the hump in literally any sport.

What does getting over the hump mean? Winning a national championship? Yeah, probably not. We won a tournament game last year. Really not much more of a realistic hump for a CUSA team to get over.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2