Joes final last four in last four out

Andrew

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Then why have it though? If their NET is #3, have them be the 3 seed... otherwise just stick to polls if you're going to base it on opinion. They created a formula to try to remove bias only to not like the results of the formula and do what they want anyways. I wouldn't be upset if there was no RPI/NET to tell me we're better than other teams getting in. 

I believe Houston is the only team in the top 40 teams without a Quad 1 win.  How in the world are you a NET #3 with zero Quad 1 wins?

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think some of y'all have gotten so hung up on NET that you are overlooking other things.  Rutgers has SIX quad 1 wins.

yes, they're .500 in quad 1 overall, but 6 wins will get you a ton of consideration in the bubble talks.

Doesn’t NET take all of that in to consideration when ranking teams?  I ask because I find following all of the different “bracketologists” ridiculously tiring and thought NET was created to sort out who are the best teams. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I believe Houston is the only team in the top 40 teams without a Quad 1 win.  How in the world are you a NET #3 with zero Quad 1 wins?

Because of efficiency stats.  UH is #11 in offensive efficiency and #3 in defensive efficiency.

Only 4 quad 1 opportunities.  Lost 3 of them by 1 or 2 points

Only 1 quad 2 loss (Memphis at home).  No quad 3 or 4 losses.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

I don’t know about underseeded. I know they are good, but I watched some of their games. If they are underseeded, then Memphis is definitely underseeded.

Memphis is likely underseeded. When they are on, they can beat anyone.  They've had a crazy year with injuries, COVID, and just meshing their team.  They're on a roll lately.  Even though UH iust beat them by 18, i don't want to play them again.  Only team to beat UH by more than 2 points, and both their wins were by double digits.

40 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

I don’t know about underseeded. I know they are good, but I watched some of their games. If they are underseeded, then Memphis is definitely underseeded.

I feel like they could easily be a 4, nearly 30 wins and only 5 loses the whole year.  I was watching their game earlier today and they look big and athletic. If they have found some consistency they can be dangerous for anyone. 

Basically.  When you point out that we beat Purdue last year they say different year, different teams...which yeah fair enough.  However, while we might not be able to beat this year's Purdue squad, but I certainly think we could beat Michigan.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Basically.  When you point out that we beat Purdue last year they say different year, different teams...which yeah fair enough.  However, while we might not be able to beat this year's Purdue squad, but I certainly think we could beat Michigan.

Purdue is on another level this year.  I'm going to be looking at Michigan and Indiana. I admit that I currently don't know much about Indiana, though.

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

I always think 90% of this sentiment shared by Maxwell is from a viewership that hasn't seen a single CUSA game.  We [CUSA] have  to take it to these B1G fringe bubble teams and beat the ever-living crap out of them.

Could Michigan manage to score 60 against our defense?

7 hours ago, CMJ said:

I was born in Michigan and still kinda want the Blue to do well. I don't watch a ton of college basketball outside UNT these days, but I have stopped down for a few UM games this year. 

UNT would win 7 of 10. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I was born in Michigan and still kinda want the Blue to do well. I don't watch a ton of college basketball outside UNT these days, but I have stopped down for a few UM games this year. 

UNT would win 7 of 10. 

But could Mac duck a Howard punch?

• Haha 2