Joes final last four in last four out

Andrew

Not even one of the FOUR play in games. No justification for that bullshit.   We just need to stack our OOC and play our way through conference. Nothing matters except the conference tournament.  At least by stacking our OOC we get experience playing the popular schools. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

And to be clear, I don't think UH is the 3rd best team.  Just pointing out how useless the NET is

Then why have it though? If their NET is #3, have them be the 3 seed... otherwise just stick to polls if you're going to base it on opinion. They created a formula to try to remove bias only to not like the results of the formula and do what they want anyways. I wouldn't be upset if there was no RPI/NET to tell me we're better than other teams getting in. 

• Upvote 1

I mean, it sucks but you people are being over the top.  Every year the Committee makeup is slightly different, but they always view SOS very highly and when teams from the Big 10 and Big East or whoever get like 15 games to get quality wins it just makes it really tough for schools like us to get in as at large.  We basically have to be almost perfect like the year MTSU snuck in as an at-large.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I mean, it sucks but you people are being over the top.  Every year the Committee makeup is slightly different, but they always view SOS very highly and when teams from the Big 10 and Big East or whoever get like 15 games to get quality wins it just makes it really tough for schools like us to get in as at large.  We basically have to be almost perfect like the year MTSU snuck in as an at-large.

Sure. But I think 18-12 type record should be minimum. 17-14 is just too little too late. Gives the wrong impression, sends the wrong message. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Sure. But I think 18-12 type record should be minimum. 17-14 is just too little too late. Gives the wrong impression, sends the wrong message. 

I'm not saying I LIKE it.  I just understand the reality.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

I'm not saying I LIKE it.  I just understand the reality.

Of course. But even Bama getting in and ATM being left out is mind blowing. 19-13 vs 23-12 and both had 9-9 conference records while ATM made it to the finals in their tourney. I just feel like this is nothing but a larger scale CFB playoff, the committee can't wait to hose the little guy unless they're caught dead to rights with no other option. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

According to many on this board this is the main event… lol

It is now.  Be thankful.  We have more games for you to ignore until we lose and then you can come on here and bitch.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

17 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Over the top?  No, the NET should mean something because that is supposedly why they created it.  Instead, it is a system to keep schools in the "smaller" conferences interested and excited about their opportunity.  Why have it if they are going to essentially ignore it just so Juwan Howard can punch someone else, or Rutgers can get their ass handed to them while collecting a check.

F-it.  Let's go win the NIT.

• Upvote 5