A one week snapshot of "The Curse". Why North Texas should NEVER wear gray or black again.

ADLER

I know sneakers are a world most people here don't follow, but I'm almost certain the grey were a promotional tie in for Nike schools for the cool grey Jordan 11. These are an iconic colorway and they released on Dec. 11th., that's when I remember seeing the grey uniforms pop up. 

nike-air-jordan-11-cool-gray-2021-releas

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I love our softball team and am one of it's more vocal supporters. The fact remains that the black uniforms aren't representative of the "Mean Green" and should never be worn in any sport aside from maybe an annual blackout game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Adler, I agree 100%.  Our school colors have always been Green and White.  Period.  Not black, not gray.  Green and White.  The AD is spending money needlessly on stupid color combinations that do not reflect our true school colors.

To the Athletic Department.........JUST STOP IT!

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Adler, I agree 100%.  Our school colors have always been Green and White.  Period.  Not black, not gray.  Green and White.  The AD is spending money needlessly on stupid color combinations that do not reflect our true school colors.

To the Athletic Department.........JUST STOP IT!

It alienates our alumni and fan base when someone arbitrarily changes our school colors to any odd color.

It also looks trashy and destroys generations of trying to create an image for our university's sports.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ADLER There's gotta be some wiggle room for the fan that wants to support their Mean Green, but is in some setting (corporate? work?) that has some dress/uniform restrictions.

Like, if i'm in an office that says "grey/black polos only", maybe I'd appreciate the grey option to support my favorite UNT golf team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

@ADLER There's gotta be some wiggle room for the fan that wants to support their Mean Green, but is in some setting (corporate? work?) that has some dress/uniform restrictions.

Like, if i'm in an office that says "grey/black polos only", maybe I'd appreciate the grey option to support my favorite UNT golf team.

Or if there are roving gangs of criminals that stop you and say "wear an orange UNT shirt or we'll beat you up."

Let's quit with all the ridiculous scenarios. Our schools athletic teams, as evidenced by the golf team shirt and countless other unique color combinations in all sports, have nothing to do with our university. We simply cannot build brand loyalty while letting everybody and their dog pick coloring for our school's most visible groups, our athletic teams.

For varsity uniforms, it's GREEN and WHITE, or it's WRONG.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ADLER said:

Or if there are roving gangs of criminals that stop you and say "wear an orange UNT shirt or we'll beat you up."

Let's quit with all the ridiculous scenarios.

You lost me.  Blacks/grays are not ridiculous when you're talking about possibilities in the corporate world.  If I'm AD, I'm leaving wiggle room for that.  Not orange, not blue, but grays and blacks are reasonable.

Now, if you're just talking about what the athletic teams wear during competition, yes! Strictly green/white.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

If you're just talking about what the athletic teams wear during competition, yes! Strictly green/white.

Fan gear will always have some selection of black, grey, white, and tan options. That happens even at schools which utilize and promote their school colors. It's the athletic uniforms and university employee textiles which need to adhere to our school colors. Right now, they very, very rarely do.

• Upvote 1