A one week snapshot of "The Curse". Why North Texas should NEVER wear gray or black again.

ADLER

Here is the truth:

a student manager ruined the basketball teams white uniforms early in the season.  That is why we wear grey at home.  We do not have WHITE for this season.

As far as the alternate colors: Black, Grey, etc.  that is what the recruits want to see.  Us OLD SCHOOL people would prefer GREEEN/WHITE, but we have to offer alternative uniforms to attract the athletes..  These kids want options!  Have you looked at Instagram or Snapchat lately?

Unless you are UT, Alabama or USC you need to do what these kids want.

I can promise you.  NO school wants to have all these uniforms options.  It cost a lot of money to have all these options.

I HATE that we are now using UNT instead of North Texas or Mean Green, but our President believes it is best that we use UNT for our logo.

You will no longer see North Texas on any products that are authorized by North Texas.  Supposedly they did a study and UNT was better?  I would like to see those results.   Everyone on this site went to some form of North Texas, but not UNT.  Also, UNT can be made into some bas words.

Mean Green for Life!!

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, ntsumck said:

Here is the truth:

a student manager ruined the basketball teams white uniforms early in the season.  That is why we wear grey at home.  We do not have WHITE for this season.

As far as the alternate colors: Black, Grey, etc.  that is what the recruits want to see.  Us OLD SCHOOL people would prefer GREEEN/WHITE, but we have to offer alternative uniforms to attract the athletes..  These kids want options!  Have you looked at Instagram or Snapchat lately?

I can promise you.  NO school wants to have all these uniforms options.  It cost a lot of money to have all these options.

I HATE that we are now using UNT instead of North Texas or Mean Green, but our President believes it is best that we use UNT for our logo.

You will no longer see North Texas on any products that are authorized by North Texas.  Supposedly they did a study and UNT was better?  I would like to see those results.   Everyone on this site went to some form of North Texas, but not UNT.  Also, UNT can be made into some bas words.

Mean Green for Life!!

Interesting...

• Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, ntsumck said:

Here is the truth:

Mean Green for Life!!

Thanks,

Well, it seems our white uniforms will not even be an option. Hopefully we can wear all Green and our opponents can wear road uniforms of a contrasting color for our NIT games. Anything to avoid the kitty-litter grey.

LA Tech Falls at North Texas - LA Tech Athletics

Edited by ADLER
  • Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I think other colors like blue or red go with black a lot better than green. However, I have never liked gray jerseys for anything. I agree they need to go.

Black and green together look lifeless and drab because they are the two most light absorbent colors. They look bad together up close, horrible when viewed from seating in an arena, and downright pitiful on television.

WBB

(This is up close. From the stands, or worse on television, these uniforms blend into the background)

The kitty-litter grays just look ugly.

And, of course they're both cursed, and they cause us to miss free throws. Burn them after this season.04-cheers

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:35 PM, meangreen11 said:

I resemble that remark - this is my new go to outfit.

North Texas Clothing | Academy

Those grey jackets are quite popular. I saw a bunch of people wearing them into Kyiv this week.

And with matching hats too....

Original German NVA army visor hat. Grey East German military peaked cap  Green | eBay

Edited by ADLER
  • Haha 6
  • Oh Boy! 1

The "kitty-litter grey" uniforms were used as home uniforms for all the nob-challenging conference games, weren't our colors, and of course  looked extremely ugly.

You were at the UTEP game. Our off-color uniforms came back to curse the team when it mattered most. Have we ever shot 6 of 18 free throws in the first half before? Has any champions team? Many of those misses were front of 1-and-1's. Make only 3 of those and we're in the Big Dance this week.

• Eye Roll 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, UNTLifer said:

My father back in the 70's | 70s inspired fashion, 70s fashion men, Disco  fashion

You talkin' to me?

I mean...if that's you...then no. absolutely not. that look is clean AF...and not dissimilar to my current appearance (grayer beard...more layers bc it's still cold in Maine)

having just started the Laker series on HBO, I can't wait to turn into late 70s-era Jerry Buss.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1