My only consolation

emmitt01

Just now, Tom McKrackin said:

He has a much easier path to getting there as well.

He has just as much of a no error as we do in CUSA.  Sure the competition in our league is stronger than the SWAC, but so is our team vs TX Southern.  Basically a wash.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

JJ gets back in the Dance with TX Southern.  Watching most of the game - they have about 9 or 10 kids with a similar skill set that can all run and jump.  No one averages double figures, but just about all of them can put up that much on any given night.

They did defeat Florida on the road when the Gators were ranked.  They'll get a brutal draw, but they're the kind of live wire that could give a 1 or 2 seed a game for 20-30 minutes before bowing out.

My consolation is that we're about to see how well the staff can develop. If Ousmane is any indication, this team will be better next year. 4 of our main contributors had zero scholarship offers out of HS. Per Rivals and 247, Stone had offers from Ok State, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Tulsa, and Belmont. Aaron Scott had 4 or 5 offers as did Chrisdon Morgan (who admittedly I know little about).

We've talked about recruiting needing to pick up but what if it already has? If Grant can do what he did with zero scholarship guys, what's in store with the young guys coming up? 

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2