‘This is the beginning’: President Smatresk meets with protestors, denounces YCT

It will do absolutely no good to get this woman/organization off of campus. It will only empower their victimhood and they will forever spin it as censorship, and half the public will agree without knowing anything other than the name of the organization. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

It will do absolutely no good to get this woman/organization off of campus. It will only empower their victimhood and they will forever spin it as censorship, and half the public will agree without knowing anything other than the name of the organization. 

Long term vision isn't the hallmark of the cancel crowd. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

On 3/11/2022 at 4:27 PM, Coffee and TV said:

If I had a nickel for everytime I said that exact thing about someone from the OTHER side of the political spectrum.
We’re the same me and you. 

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

So the president is siding with the protesters who committed actual violence over people only exercising their free speech rights who had the audacity to invite a mainstream politician to campus who doesn't support sex reassignment for minors.  Honestly, this is absurd.  The Board of Regents surely can't approve of this.  I honestly don't know that I'm willing to support the university financially any more.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 2

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

So the president is siding with the protesters who committed actual violence over people only exercising their free speech rights who had the audacity to invite a mainstream politician to campus who doesn't support sex reassignment for minors.  Honestly, this is absurd.  The Board of Regents surely can't approve of this.  I honestly don't know that I'm willing to support the university financially any more.  

This is not what happened at all, the school said they support the trans community and said they don’t agree with the group’s public comments that said “trans people don’t exist”. The school also didn’t side with the protestors or violence and continues to support free speech.

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 1

welcome to cancel culture, be praised for spitting on others who you disagree with, seems like both sides are lunatics but BOR/President side with one group. 

Free Speech, but only if you agree with a certain groups opinion. 

Imagine the outrage if a LGBTQ speaker came on campus and students and other activists (right-leaning) came out shouting down the speaker and yelling expletives. The group hosting the speaker would lose their shit and want them arrested. 

Partisan politics has ruined freedom of speech since so many are now triggered by words, yet then resort to violence

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1